How to upgrade state stations

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Pocus

How to upgrade state stations

Post by Pocus »

Like research star base (in space)?
AGEOD Team
Litjan

RE: How to upgrade state stations

Post by Litjan »

No
Lonck

Post by Lonck »

I don't think u can retrofit stations that aren't on colonies.
Ralzakark

Post by Ralzakark »

Unfortunately you can only scrap and rebuild, not upgrade, unless they are at a colony.
Ossipago, Barbatus, and Famulimus
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

That's really working as designed or something that need some attention for a patch? Why would, realistically (yes, it can still applies in a sci fi game) it is not possible to keep up to date starbases in space, when you are able to build them from scratch in the first place? Why would my scientists stay with deprecated facilities or scanners whereas I have constructors ready to work on the structure.

I think this is clearly a missing feature of DW right now. What's a shame is that the button is there (to upgrade) but clicking does nothing. So I think it is more a shortcoming than anything else, hopefully.
AGEOD Team
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

Why would my scientists stay with deprecated facilities or scanners whereas I have constructors ready to work on the structure.

Science lab, and Mining extraktors grow up with your research. Basicly there is no need to refit them. Except for better offensive/defensive equipment.

And yes, the retrofit at space is on the wishlist since DW came out.
malisle

Post by malisle »

ORIGINAL: Pocus
I think this is clearly a missing feature of DW right now. What's a shame is that the button is there (to upgrade) but clicking does nothing. So I think it is more a shortcoming than anything else, hopefully.

there was a discussion recently about that: tm.asp?m=3072814

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”