I Want To Embrace This Game!

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

KEYSTONE07950

I Want To Embrace This Game!

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Firstly, I want to thank all the people who have worked on this game engine. It is fun to play and has provided many hours of entertainment.

All that said, I want more from this game! Unfortunately, we do not have it. I don't know what direction it's going, - updates are announced and then we wait and wait and wait.
How will a new engine represent infantry - nobody knows.
What about higher level command control - nobody knows.
What this game needs is for Matrix to prioritize this game engine and put somebody incharge to move it along and harness the great creative talents of the many people who work with this engine.

How about it Matrix, who is in charge of this game engine and what's the game plan.
I support the right to arm bears!
Mad Russian

RE: I Want To Embrace This Game!

Post by Mad Russian »

Good question.

What's the game plan?

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Since there has been no response whatsoever, I'd assume there is no game plan. Game over.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

With Matrix silence doesn't really mean anything one way or the other. Remember how long it took for the last update? So long it went from being a PCK patch to being PCO.

There was little to no comments during that period as well.

Good Hunting.

MR

Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

Is there not someone that is actually steering the horse and buggy as far as this series is concerned? I know the game has many people involved at various levels, but is there not someone who's vision it is that we are somewhat following.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

That would be Erik or Rick.

Good Hunting.

MR

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

One reason you there hasn't been a post here is that Erik has been pretty busy with the recent releases. Overall the team actually does work together to define where we are headed and what features we want to see in the game. But Matrix via Erik provides the resources.

The team has it's ideas of things we want to see in the next release, and some of us have our thoughts on how best to get there. My preference is to release one or two expansion packs while we work on the next game in the series, though that decision hasn't been made yet.

Most of the major improvements will have to wait until the next full game though. We think improving performance is critical, as well as improving the infantry aspect of the game. Some of us think the infntnry battle is not too bad as is, but could use some improvement, while some of the team think we need some significant improvement in the infantry fighting. The entire team is watching the forum discusioin to get a sense of what the players think. I think the team agrees that we want to improve the orders mechanics, and most want to incorporate some leader aspects of the game. Destructible terrain is another key item the team agrees on.

Right now things are in a bit of a holding pattern. Hopefully that will change soon.

Thanks
rick
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

Ok then, maybe we can talke some of the things that you mentioned in some other posts. Kinda kick the tires on some ideas.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

Ok then, maybe we can talke some of the things that you mentioned in some other posts. Kinda kick the tires on some ideas.

that sounds like a good idea to me. I was watching your other thread on leaders as well.

Thanks
Rick
madorosh

Post by madorosh »

Well, if Matrix is actually paying attention, it may be time to start contributing to the forums again, though I find that the level of noise contributed by one or two disruptive members of the community in the past has made the experience here on this forum honestly a disincentive to doing so. If the forum is being used as a barometer for interest in the game, I hope that would be taken into account.
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

It would be nice if more posted. At this time some 280+/- views of this thread and only 9 posts, mostly by the same couple of people.
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

I am looking forward to any improvements to this game. I like the basis of this game, and it can only get better. Sometimes takes patience...people seem very busy with so many projects.
One of the things that I would like seen is the ability to atleast make some minor adjustments/movement to AT Guns. I know they were mainly moved by trucks, by they should atleast be able to make some minor adjustments.
Mike
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

I am pretty sure that improvements to the mobile guns will be dealt with in the next game.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

I am pretty sure that improvements to the mobile guns will be dealt with in the next game.

the patch should provide some minimal mobility to small calibre mobile AT guns. But Ratzki is right, this should be incorporated into the next full game in a more complete manner.

thanks
rick
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Rick:
You refer to the 'NEXT FULL GAME". What are your plans for it? What improvements will it contain. DON'T YOU HAVE A PLAN??????????????????????????????
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Hmmmmm....that's the exact same question that started this thread.

Yes, there is a plan.

First and foremost to release the final update for the PCO code.

We've been waiting on Erik to do that.

Once that's done then it will be determined when work on the next game in the series will begin. Every bit of this is in Martix' hands.

Good Hunting.

MR

Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I'd say there is more of a plan for a plan.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

ORIGINAL: Mobius

I'd say there is more of a plan for a plan.

My feeling exactly.
rockymc

Post by rockymc »

Just wondering is this game actually playable in terms of controls and ease of use or is it similar to operation star (ie unplayable)?
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

This game is playable and has been since it became PCO. Of course that's just my opinion and I could be a little biased. [:D]

Good Hunting.

MR

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”