New from Tiller

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Yogi the Great

New from Tiller

Post by Yogi the Great »

After the decisive Battle of Leipzig the French retreated to the Rhine and beyond into France. Following them were the victorious forces of the Sixth Coalition. Napoleon positioned his forces on the Rhine, in Holland and in Belgium and then left for Paris to build new field commands. Eugene was in northern Italy facing an Austrian army under Bellegarde. And of course the war in Spain was winding down.

The Allies did not wait for Napoleon to bring up his new army and began to cross the Rhine at several points. The understrength French corps were no match for the Allied juggernaut and retired by stages closer to the west. By the end of January the Allies had advanced to within one hundred miles of Paris!

What followed from that point, until the end of the campaign, was one of Napoleon's most remarkable campaigns. Fielding an army one third the size of the Allied forces he won one stunning victory after another. Unfortunately he was never able to achieve a decisive victory. The Allied armies gradually ground down the outnumbered French forces and after the Battle of Paris he was forced to abdicate.

As either Napoleon, Emperor of the French and King of Italy, or as Schwarzenberg and Blücher, field commanders of the Allied legions, you can relive those exciting days! With over four hundred scenarios, and more than ten campaigns, all of the major actions of the 1814 Campaign in northwest France are covered in detail. Units such as the Gendarmes d'Espanol and the Baden Guard Grenadiers have been added to the 1813-14 inventory for the players to command.

Come experience the drama of the campaign as your men shiver in the cold waiting for your next command. Will you, as Napoleon, keep your throne, or will you as the Allied commanders, march victoriously into Paris? The choice is yours as you ride off into destiny!

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
parusski

RE: New from Tiller

Post by parusski »

Looks great. Guess I will be riding into destiny with one more war game.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: parusski

Warspite1

Isn't it just the same as the other games? Same engine, graphics etc?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Warspite1

Maybe. But I still like them.

I also love the Squad Battle's games.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
wodin

Post by wodin »

Warspite1

Different campaigns, different OOB's all make for a different gaming experience even though the engine and graphics are similar. It is time they improved certain aspects. However there are many games that come with different scenario's and OOB's and one scenario could feel totally different to another one because of this, even though it's the same engine and graphics. If you think about it if that was the case not to bother playing them then you wouldn't bother playing more than say one scenario in a wargame as it would be the same as all the others as the graphics and engine are the same. If you see what I mean. They also add new minor features here and there with a new release, some have more than others and eventually they all get brought upto the same feature set. They can keep the engine and mechanics the same but graphic really need an overhaul. Squad Battles is a series that really needs two or three major new features to turn it from a love it or hate it game to a love it all time classic game, JT doesn't see it that way though. If he had the same mentality as Matrix here that particular engine would have seen some dramatic changes by now. JT thinks it's not worth the extra funding as they wont sell anymore.
Orm

Post by Orm »

Indeed.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Warspite1

Different campaigns, different OOB's all make for a different gaming experience even though the engine and graphics are similar. It is time they improved certain aspects. However there are many games that come with different scenario's and OOB's and one scenario could feel totally different to another one because of this, even though it's the same engine and graphics. If you think about it if that was the case not to bother playing them then you wouldn't bother playing more than say one scenario in a wargame as it would be the same as all the others as the graphics and engine are the same. If you see what I mean. They also add new minor features here and there with a new release, some have more than others and eventually they all get brought upto the same feature set. They can keep the engine and mechanics the same but graphic really need an overhaul. Squad Battles is a series that really needs two or three major new features to turn it from a love it or hate it game to a love it all time classic game, JT doesn't see it that way though. If he had the same mentality as Matrix here that particular engine would have seen some dramatic changes by now. JT thinks it's not worth the extra funding as they wont sell anymore.

You do sum it up nicely. I still like the games. But it would be great to see the graphics updated, even just tweaked.

Return to “General Discussion”