J2D vs MR Spartans at Norderfurt

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.
junk2drive

J2D vs MR Spartans at Norderfurt

Post by junk2drive »

I set our game options.

Attachments
junk0.jpg
junk0.jpg (110.04 KiB) Viewed 858 times
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

RE: J2D vs MR Spartans at Noderfurt

Post by junk2drive »

Then our realism options.

Attachments
junk1.jpg
junk1.jpg (91.63 KiB) Viewed 858 times
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Select a scenario. This looks good.

Attachments
junk2.jpg
junk2.jpg (98.21 KiB) Viewed 858 times
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

My briefing.

Attachments
junk3.jpg
junk3.jpg (61.59 KiB) Viewed 858 times
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

My forces.

Attachments
junk4.jpg
junk4.jpg (66.26 KiB) Viewed 858 times
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

The situation. No not that guy from Jersey.[:-]

Attachments
junk5.jpg
junk5.jpg (156.43 KiB) Viewed 858 times
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Moved a couple of units and set recon to move forward. Ready to play.

Attachments
junk6.jpg
junk6.jpg (196.93 KiB) Viewed 858 times
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Finally figured out how to resume the game. No enemy visible yet.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Sorry viewers, I keep forgetting to take shots of the battlefield. Getting down with the PBEM sequence has me scatterbrained.

Nothing new. I moved a few more units toward the expected attack. Plotted some harassing arty on the town on his side of the map.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Enemy sighted to the Northwest. Chemical arty dropped on it by one of my units.

Back on Monday.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Back at it. I sent some units to the East to see if the Commies were moving through the woods.

Contact with the recon units.

Attachments
junk7.jpg
junk7.jpg (130.03 KiB) Viewed 859 times
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Then all hell breaks loose. I have one Bradley plt and one M1 plt. By the time is is over, The Soviets have lost an AT plt, several T-80s and a couple of others. I lost about 3 Bradleys and 3 M1A1s.

Attachments
junk8.jpg
junk8.jpg (117.13 KiB) Viewed 859 times
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Sending in some reinforcements and ordered a 155 strike on the area.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

My 155s didn't seem to hit anything. Vicious battle ensued in the East. Lost an M1 plt. Soviets fired smoke along the river. Counterbattery fire got some of them. Later they got us too. One of my OBA fired on the Recon unit at the top, hitting it a couple of times.
As my units retreated or were lost, I no longer have LOS to the area in the circle. The two units next to the circle have been battling at point blank range.
Total losses are 11 units, enemy has lost 20 including an HQ unit.

Attachments
junk9.jpg
junk9.jpg (117.81 KiB) Viewed 859 times
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

All hell broke loose this turn. The enemy units in the red circle emerged view and the shooting started. Near the same time some 122mm SPA appeared to the right of the woods (blue circle). They were quickly killed, mostly by the Recon unit. The FSE unit was hammered by OBA HE and finally chemical rounds. It disappeared.
Most of the Soviet shots missed and mine scored. I did lose the Bradley on the bottom left but not before it took out a lots of BMPs.

Where are the tanks? I cancel the waypoints for the D tank and tell it to screen. I has no LOS to the enemy 2/2. I order the 3/D to move up and see what it can see.

Lost 14, killed 83

Attachments
junk10.jpg
junk10.jpg (148.79 KiB) Viewed 859 times
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Thanks for the AAR, enjoying watching both of you guys slug it out.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I can't wait to read MRs thread when this is over.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

The T-80s finally show themselves. Fortunately for me, the Russkies are lousy shots and miss most of the time. I forgot to check the score screen but I killed several T-80s and IFVs at a loss of 1 M1 and a couple of other units. One T-80 plt is visible, the other retreated out of sight.

Move a few a little bit to see if they have a better LOS.

Attachments
junk11.jpg
junk11.jpg (135.68 KiB) Viewed 859 times
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Final turn. Several Soviet units came into view and a shootout ensued. Lost some M901s to OBA and some M1s but hurt MR more. Got the 80% loss popup and ended the game. NATO Tactical Victory. I don't think it was my tactics though. Seems like this game is tough to play as the WP.

Attachments
junk12.jpg
junk12.jpg (151.21 KiB) Viewed 859 times

Return to “After Action Reports”