iPad Version

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Lord Zimoa

RE: iPad Version

Post by Lord Zimoa »

The iPad version will not be a "Lite" version of the game, just like the BA port, it will be full same Panzer Corps game, just being able to play it outside the PC, soon your iPad and later on your Mac will just enlarge the community.

And again like with BA, it will be the full version and the MP PBEM system will allow you to play cross-platform against each other, so iPad player on the train, plays against you behind your desk on your PC or Mac. The DLC`s, player produced content, we would like to have it all cross-platform available and compatible.

We are planning the same path for the Commander series, exiting times we life in... but the base for all our bigger games will always remain PC strategy, wargaming. That is our trade, our speciality, history and wargaming is our first passion and love. The same counts for Slith/Matrix, we are in this niche market to stay. We try to grow it organically, by producing quality and fun wargames.

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Thanks, Tim. That's indeed very reassuring.[:)]
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

The iPad version will not be a "Lite" version of the game, just like the BA port, it will be full same Panzer Corps game, just being able to play it outside the PC, soon your iPad and later on your Mac will just enlarge the community.

And again like with BA, it will be the full version and the MP PBEM system will allow you to play cross-platform against each other, so iPad player on the train, plays against you behind your desk on your PC or Mac. The DLC`s, player produced content, we would like to have it all cross-platform available and compatible.

We are planning the same path for the Commander series, exiting times we life in... but the base for all our bigger games will always remain PC strategy, wargaming. That is our trade, our speciality, history and wargaming is our first passion and love. The same counts for Slith/Matrix, we are in this niche market to stay. We try to grow it organically, by producing quality and fun wargames.
Best post in this thread by far! Now Lord Zimoa how about making an Matrix/Slith App that will take 4O million people who use itunes a day to your website?

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Noypi53

Post by Noypi53 »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

All I can say is don't worry. We are not part of the games industry. We are part of the wargames industry. If wargamers want games on iPad we'll make them. if they want them on PC we'll do that too. There is a lot of cool stuff coming which is going to blur the difference between tablets and home PC's in the not too distant future. I really would not be concerned!

Thanks for your words of commitment, Ian!

What would set Matrix GAmes / Slitherine Software apart in the wargames industry if multi-OS / devices games like BA (& soon-to-arrive Panzer Corps) could be bought just 1 time & used on several of the OS's & devices. The pricing could be based on how many OS or devices the buyer would like to have. There's an issue to resolve about iTunes purchasing but surely there must be a way around that.

It would also be great if there was an option to put save-games in the Cloud & access it from whatever OS or device the game is being played at the moment.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

When panzer korps comes out add it to iCloud and it will save your games.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Canuck_jp

Post by Canuck_jp »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Have you tried BA on the iPad - it is exactly the same game. PzC on iPad will be exactly the same game.

How will attacking be handled? If my recollection is correct,you select your unit and then hover the mouse over the enemy to see the attack odds and then click to attack. You can't hover on a tablet version so how will you be able to see the odds without attacking the enemy? Will an extra tap be thrown in? Tap to see the odds and then tap again to attack?
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Of course the UI and controls will have to be adjusted. Doing a straight port of the PC stuff would not only be cheap, it simply wouldn't work.

Another option would be to display all odds on every valid target simultaniously as soon as you select a unit. So there would be no need for double tapping all the time.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Can someone give me an example of a wargame that was made for the apple app store that is a dumb bowned version of the original? I'm just trying to understand your point of view, it might help me understand that's all. The only wargame that I ever had on my PC and on my playstation one was Panzer and Allied General and I thought those played as well as the PC version. Thanks in advance.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Battle Academy!

Alex (Flashback) is working on the iPad version and with his many years on PGF and Pz Corps he'll be ensuring it all plays and feels just right. As the designer and programmer on the games he is behind the very slick UI we have in the current game so no fears here. The game will be exactly the same as PC and Mac. It will not be dumbed down. We don't do that. Don't look at what others are doing. Look at what we are doing!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
jomni

Post by jomni »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Damn these ipads. They will destroy serious gaming.

Wait.

If you consider Panzer Corps as a serious game, then the iPad does serious gaming becuase it's the same Panzer Corps and not dumbed down.
Unless you consider Panzer Corps in the PC as a dumb down wargame in the first place.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: jomni
ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Damn these ipads. They will destroy serious gaming.

Wait.

If you consider Panzer Corps as a serious game, then the iPad does serious gaming becuase it's the same Panzer Corps and not dumbed down.
Unless you consider Panzer Corps in the PC as a dumb down wargame in the first place.

I don't consider PC a serious game, I consider it a "lite","beer and pretzel" game. Since it is already "lite", it fits right in with the ipad. Which is my point. You will not get a game any more complicated than PC or Battle Acadamy on it.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Von,
COH looks like a good indepth game and its comming to the iPad .
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

IMHO COH is not a "deep" game. Heck, I already learned how to play just from a short aar! It will be a great game, but one that I also consider "lite". Games for people without long attention spans! The ADD crowd.[:)]
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I guess the problem I have is when people think just because I enjoy these so called "lite" games that we meaning the people who play them are somehow incapable of playing "heavier" type games. I did buy WITE but the turns take to long for me to play and my time is limited so I chose to play other games. So games that are easy to learn and play fast will interest many with busy agendas. The strategy games for iPad is very new and the games made for it will only get better.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

I guess the problem I have is when people think just because I enjoy these so called "lite" games that we meaning the people who play them are somehow incapable of playing "heavier" type games.
No, not at all. I know you're capable of playing Civ, even if you're "lacking energy levels" to do it.[;)]
Personally, I too like to play more the "lite" ones than the "heavy" stuff.
Me and vonRocko aren't concerned with the platform.
We only want is more of both "lite" and "heavy" games with the same quality and not dumb down versions.
But devs and publishers have already reassured us in this thread, that this won't happen. So we're happy. [:)]
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Lol ok agreeded.[:'(]. Back before the "dark times" I.e the days before kids a wife and full time job lol, I once played civ2 for 36 hours...just one more turn....just one more turn....
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

I guess the problem I have is when people think just because I enjoy these so called "lite" games that we meaning the people who play them are somehow incapable of playing "heavier" type games.

You're right, that is not what I mean at all. I enjoy lite games also. I never should have wrote that they are for people with ADD.[:'(]
Once again VPaulus summed up my thoughts precisely! I just don't want to see one slipping away for the other. As long as Matrix is around I'm not to concerned, but if I see more ipad, and less PC, from them, I'll know the end is near.[:D]
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I think both platforms need each other. I have seen the new notebooks that are so light and are powerful. I think the days of big bulky desk computers are numbered tho.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I think both platforms need each other. I have seen the new notebooks that are so light and are powerful. I think the days of big bulky desk computers are numbered tho.
Doubt. At least for now.
They are still the fastest, and for real work like cad, rendering workstations, other type of games, etc, they are the only machines.
I've heard for far too long that desktop were doomed. Yet, still they persist, and a lot of firms don't appreciate so much, the "mobility" factor of their equipment. I do agree they sell less than 10 years ago, but still there are people that wouldn't exchange it for nothing. I'm one of those. I do have a notebook but not for serious work or for playing. Still the great advances in the graphics hardware is made in this platform.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

In the work place I agree with you. For home use tho I would have to say laptops and notebooks rule. I went into Best Buy today and they only had one desk model for sale, while I counted at least 75 laptops and notebooks, and that's not mention all the android,Ipad and Blackberry tablets they have.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Return to “Panzer Corps”