Meuse Mod v3.5 For TLD/WAR - Released

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Tejszd

Meuse Mod v3.5 For TLD/WAR - Released

Post by Tejszd »

THE MOD:

On May 10 1940 the Germans attacked in the West. The plan was to pretend to follow the same route as WW1 which the Allies anticipated so they rushed North West but the real attack was coming through the Ardennes forest to cut off those Allied divisions off from the rest of France. After the forest the only natural barrier left was the Meuse river. As the Allies can you hold the Meuse river and as the Germans can you repeat history with a Meuse Crossing?

BACKGROUND:

The original mod team for Meuse Crossing consisted of Luer and Moloch who worked on this CC5 mod from January to May 2001. Luer was responsible for the data changes, with a bit of graphics and historic research, while Moloch handled the rest. The mod was last updated by original mod team in November 2001 with version 2.0 being released.

Both mod makers names have appeared together and individually on other mods; Afrika mod for CC3, Winter War for CC4, Finland Mod for CC3, PanzerJager mod for CC3, Real Romanians for CC3, etc. . Unfortunately the constraints of real life and time maybe taking away some of the enthusiasm for CC have made these two mod makers less active the last couple of years…. To the mod team, thank you for breaking new ground with this mod (the first for CC5) and all the extra hours of game play you added!

As a fan of CC and their mod, I asked them if I could address some of the issues that existed with the last version they did v2.0 and got the okay to keep updating the mod. I have made several releases/updates to the mod for CC5 before working to convert the mod to TLD/WAR.

The conversion to TLD/WAR involved fixing past data/graphic issues that still persisted, taking advantage of the new features and replacing all the original CC5 maps that were used in the mod. This work has now been completed.

A big thanks to Cathartes, Nembo, Mafi and Shrecken for the help, testing and tools. While An extra special thanks to Q.M and Southerland who worked to replace all the CC5 maps previously used by the mod!

Here is a link to AAR to read while we await the anniversary of the May 10 attack in the west;

tm.asp?m=3092393&mpage=1&key=�

Note: work is in progress on moving from 44 to 64 map strategic layer but that will most likely be a Christmas present

DOWNLOAD:

Edit: The Red Devils site is no longer up but the Close Combat series site now has the mod for download!

Close Combat Series web site: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/index.php

Meuse Mod Direct Download Link: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/mo ... t&lid=4199

Thanks to the Gen_Jack and the Red Devils Close Combat Clan you can download the Meuse mod for TLD. [&o]

Red Devils web site: http://reddevilscc.com/

Meuse Mod Direct Download Link: http://reddevilscc.com/modules.php?name ... tit&lid=59

Note: they do have a limit on bandwidth to save costs thus at some put the download may not work. As soon as the Meuse Mod is available on the Matrix CCTLD website: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/Long ... Dmods.html I'll post an update letting people know....

Tejszd

Attachments
Meuse Main.jpg
Meuse Main.jpg (136.57 KiB) Viewed 757 times
TAIL_GUNNER

RE: Meuse Mod For TLD/WAR - Coming Soon

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

looks utterly fantastic Tejszd...and just in time for my birthday.[8D]
AKA "Juggalo"
davidss

Post by davidss »

wow ... thanks Tejszd and company
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

Excellent. This mod is quite challenging and a very polished affair. Better than handcrafted beer, but goes great with it.

Thank you for the endless hours you put into this legacy.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Your welcome!

Must admit Southernland is the one who got me motivated again with all the great maps he made for the mod and I owe it to him to get them out there....
CarolusRex

Post by CarolusRex »

Hi Tejzd,

Is Feldwebel Walter Rubarth and his pluton part of the game? (2. Kompanie des Pionier-Bataillons 49 (mot.) der 10. Panzerdivision.)?

As you probably know this guy and his pluton was the first of the 10 Pz to get accross, knocked out 7 bunkers and started the panic that eventually led to the german miracle at Sedan.

When the panic started some hours later 20 000 French fled for the approaching panzers that in reality was yet 11 hours to pass the river!

Its said that the 8 km deep built out bunker system would take causulties in the range of 500 000 to take if properly defended. Now the causalties was aprox 500!

Looking forward.

Rgds

Carolus
Deo favente
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

With the scale of the battle/game the Company and even the 49th Engineer Battalion are not individual BG's but the 86 Rifle Regiment they were assigned to is. The 10Pz Div in the mod is divided into two BG's the 69 and 86 for the Infantry regiments with the 7th panzer regiment split between the two.

If/when the mod gets moved to LSA there is an opportunity to have smaller units represented as it allows BG's to be stacked in a single strat map location.
CarolusRex

Post by CarolusRex »

Do understand but it would be fun if there where a feldvebel named Walter Rubarth.

Rgds

Carolus
Deo favente
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Okay I have added the last name to the GEnames.txt file. Can't guarantee he will be assigned to the 10th Panzer division but he is in there now....
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Just waiting to get instructions on how to get the mod file added to the CCTLD website....
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Just waiting to get instructions on how to get the mod file added to the CCTLD website....

Any news Tejszd?

Eager to play this beauty!
AKA "Juggalo"
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Thanks for the interest Tail_gunner.... Still waiting for the admin of the CCTLD website to contact me to find out how to upload the mod for it to be added....
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Thanks to the Gen_Jack and the Red Devils Close Combat Clan you can download the Meuse mod for TLD. [&o]

Red Devils web site: http://reddevilscc.com/

Meuse Mod Direct Download Link: http://reddevilscc.com/modules.php?name ... tit&lid=59

Note: they do have a limit on bandwidth to save costs thus at some put the download may not work. As soon as the Meuse Mod is available on the Matrix CCTLD website: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/Long ... Dmods.html I'll post an update letting people know....
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

it's awesome Tejszd...been playing all day long!

I haven't found a single thing wrong either....and I'm quite the nit-picker.[8D]

Job well done!
AKA "Juggalo"
Manu

Post by Manu »

Great!
DAK_Legion

Post by DAK_Legion »

Thanks Tejszd;)

Good Job!
heia safari!
Sapa

Post by Sapa »

Thankyou! Thankyou Thankyou!!! Tejszd :)

/Mats
DampSquib

Post by DampSquib »

Thanks Tejszd.
Never played Meuse before,so should be oodles of fun.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Thank you for taking the time to post! I appreciate comments and hope you all are enjoying playing the mod....
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Forgot to mention the maps are beautiful...kudos to Southern_land and Q.M.[&o]

But I forgot how much I hate the mechanics of the TLD engine....BGs that pass through each other really tick me off....[:@]
AKA "Juggalo"

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”