What is the Hidden Faction in Legends?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

BlackRain

RE: What is the Hidden Faction in Legends?

Post by BlackRain »

There are spoiler boxes for that very reason, so that people who don't want to see spoilers won't have to. I want to see what it is. In the product description for Distant worlds Legends, it lists a "Hidden Faction" so there must be a hidden faction unless the company is lying about it. So I saw no need to ask if there is a hidden faction when it is explicitly listed as such. I have been trying to find it but haven't yet after many hours so I am getting frustrated.

This is what it says under features for Distant worlds: Legends:

•New character system, including Leaders, Admirals, Generals, Ambassadors, Governors, Agents and Scientists, all with defined skills and traits and the opportunity to advance and improve
•New modelling of borders and spheres of influence
•New expanded gameplay with race-specific events and victory conditions, as well as a new hidden faction!
•Expanded technology tree, including dedicated carriers, cutting lasers, rail guns, new planetary facilities and wonders
•Improved AI and an updated Diplomacy system with refuelling and mining rights as well as immigration policies
•Improved fleet management and automation, including fleet postures
•Improved modding support, including full race and character modding
Kadrush

Post by Kadrush »

(the following comment might contain a spoiler, read at your discretion)

I have never seen that new faction...

It cant be the Shakturi, neither the Shakturi with that new name (after you trigger that beacon), so I have no idea what it is.

Cant see them either on the game editor...
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

They appear after 600 years.
Kadrush

Post by Kadrush »

Just checked the game files, no racial pictures or script files for a hidden faction...no ship sets either...
BlackRain

Post by BlackRain »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

You must be joking.
Abraxis

Post by Abraxis »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Well I guess the cat's out of the bag now. Though I was sure it was 750 years, at least that's how far I had to get to ever see them.

But gods is it worth it.
jpwrunyan

Post by jpwrunyan »

The faction is hard coded. You wont see them in the config files.
Kadrush

Post by Kadrush »

Everytime the game CTD is an intelligence action from the hidden faction...
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

[SPOILER]

The hidden faction is indeed the legendary pirates, who can be as strong as a small empire. They were not announced before release and some of the posts from players running into them (and at times the Silvermist at the same time) make for some good reading. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”