Use of Construction Units

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

inscrutible

Use of Construction Units

Post by inscrutible »

I havent spotted anything in threads on this but what do all of those Construction units sat in the German AG HQs do?

I'm at Dec 1942 and each HQ has about 12-15 construction units, which even with a support level of 0, dont seem to want to be deployed to lower HQs. Are they actually doing something in background that I'm not aware of? Should I disband them to increase my manpower pool?
Da_Huge_D

RE: Use of Construction Units

Post by Da_Huge_D »

Use them for constructin fortifications. Never ever disband them!! I usually keep every corps filled with two cons battalions, it speeds up construction very nicely.
inscrutible

Post by inscrutible »

How do you get the units out of the AG HQs and into the Corps HQs? Cant find a transfer or assign option for them?
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Check to see if your AG HQ's are set to Locked. If they are then they won't transfer construction units out to other HQ's. See 7.6.3.3 for details.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
inscrutible

Post by inscrutible »

ORIGINAL: elmo3

Check to see if your AG HQ's are set to Locked. If they are then they won't transfer construction units out to other HQ's. See 7.6.3.3 for details.

Nope all set to Support 0 - not locked
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Please zip and post a save file here.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
inscrutible

Post by inscrutible »

Having trouble uploading the file - I keep getting c:/fakepath ? error message when I press ok on the upload button

Also, the sav file doesnt zip much....
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Zipping it just puts it in a format the forums will accept. No idea about the error message.

Edit - Sent you my email address so you can send it to me.

WitE alpha/beta tester
inscrutible

Post by inscrutible »

ORIGINAL: elmo3

Zipping it just puts it in a format the forums will accept. No idea about the error message.

Edit - Sent you my email address so you can send it to me.

Sent!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”