Army Group Formations

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

IanPnz1V

Army Group Formations

Post by IanPnz1V »

Is it possible to give a group of selected units one Army Corp name? ie: Sixth Army, (5 or 6 mostly Inf/Grenadiers plus one Tank Unit) which I would use on the 42, South Russia/Stalingrad scenarios.

Another example would be to have a group of mostly Armour units - 6 - (just to the rear of my re-named sixth army), all typed-in as 'Fourth Panzer Army'

Using alt+n I have already changed some SE units names: - SS Tokenkofp (Death Head)- this unit actually took part in the Demyansk Pocket Battle, and another example an SE Panzer unit became 'SS Das Reich'. But apart from that most of my units still have their DLC names.

My reason for wanting to have group names for selected units is to stop the temptation of using them to go into another groups ZOC(zone of control)
IanPnz1V

RE: Army Group Formations

Post by IanPnz1V »

Llovlya Aug 23rd 1942.

Okay, here's how I sorted it: First using alt+n rename your units just before deployment and upgrade like this example:

Sixth Army.

8th Panzer 111n - becomes - 6th Amy/8th Pnz (typing is restricted in these boxes).
22nd Wehrmacht Inf - becomes - 6th Amy/22nd Inf. Do this with all the units that you have allocated to this particular Army, I had about 34 slots availiable for my three armies, and my Airforce. Airforce and Bridging units by the way, dont really need to be renamed it's up to you.

Fourth Panzer Army.

Mostly Tanks with a couple of supporting Grenadiers and a couple of Sp Artillery.

2nd Panzer IVG - becomes - 4th Pnz Amy / 2 Div.
Sdkfz 2328rt - becomes - 4th Pnz Amy/2 rcn. (recon) and so on..

My special (SS) Tank Divisions (three) are renamed idependently as - SS 'Das Reich' SS Tokenkofp, and SS Liebstandarte (not sure if these were even at Stalingrad, but there you go). These SE units along with a bridging unit I have placed between the two main Armies in the centre, but can be called upon to reinforce the Sixth or the Fourth when required, such as when the Soviet 64th Army with five tank and six infantry divisions attacked suddenly on the 18th Aug on 6th Armies left flank, north of the Don bend, With the help of 'Das Reich' and 'Liebstandarte' the Soviets were forced to withdrew.

A word about Artillery allocation, I have five units: 3 heavy cms 21's and 2 Stugs, The more mobile and better protected stugs are better off with the more mobile harder-hitting 4th Panzer (which by the way I have placed on my southern flank south of the Don) The cms 21's are better with the more defensive 6th Army, just my preferance tell me what you think.

You may wonder whats the point of all this extra work typing in all these change unit names? Well, I do it because I get just as much enjoyment from the choosing/upgrading/re-naming units in Panzer Corps as I do in playing this excellent game along with giving it a more historical View and perspective.

ThanX[:)]

aclements

Post by aclements »

i totally agree now that i know how to rename my units [:D]
Paddy777

Post by Paddy777 »

Hi,

the official names are:

1. SS-Panzerdivision "Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler" (LAH)
2. SS-Panzerdivision "Das Reich"
3. SS-Panzerdivision "Totenkopf"

Short: 1. SS-PzDiv LAH ...

Return to “The War Room”