Struggling in the Low Countries

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

RzM1939

RE: Struggling in the Low Countries

Post by RzM1939 »

Against better judgement, tried one last time. By turn 18 only had 3 objectives and lost over half my force.

Guess this game's not for me.
Three4Flinching

Post by Three4Flinching »

Is it only me or did the game get harder after the new patch? I can´t even get a decisive victory on the first scenario at the second difficulty anymore, and at the low countries I get blown to peices.[:(] 
PKH

Post by PKH »

If you lose lots of units, it sounds like you're not reinforcing them in the field.
Just in case you don't know, you can also replace lost units during the mission, and often there's room to buy a couple at the start of a scenario.
PKH

Post by PKH »

I did Poland and France yesterday and it didn't feel much different. For Poland I got 2 extra artillery, a fighter, and engineers. Couldn't afford transportation for the enigneers, so they didn't contribute much.
MisterMax

Post by MisterMax »

Don't give up!!! It's a really nice game.
One VERY important tip was already mentioned by another player.
DON'T take Brussels until the last moment. Leave the hexes next to Brussels free as well. As long as Brussels is free (and preferably the French objective to the southwest of it too) the computer will buy new units next to those for its prestige points and is less inclined to stack AA and AT (with a VERY irritating artillery behind it) around the far objectives. Basically the idea for strategy is a big encirclement and leave the centre objectives for last.
I suggest if you drop para's (core unit para) do that at the furthest city below that small river (NOT an objective city) and take it. I mean the city in the southwest corner of the map. then within two turns you can buy units there. If you leave your extra core slots (I think that's 2? for this scenario) open you can buy two artillery. Your tanks on the south should be able to reach the far objectives within about 8 turns. As long as Brussels is still allied, you will be able to take the far objectives with 2 artillery, two-three tanks, 1 para and 1 inf.
Keep in mind though, my strategy always depends on air superiority! Thats's why I always favor plenty of fighter units.
And don't forget: The low countries is one of the toughest in the game to get a decisive!!! That was already the case with the old panzer general series...
Good luck, just give it one more try (and then one more ...and then another one ;)
Wargaming keeps you on your toes ;)
pandafulo

Post by pandafulo »

are becomingwary of the adverse effects of chemically produced drugs or becauseyou re keen torecover from ill health and improve a specific health condition in some instances itmight be that you just want to optimise your current state of good health while some health and wellness products can be an effective measure towardimproving your health you should note that long term use of certain over

Return to “The War Room”