Those at lordz Games

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

goodwoodrw

Those at lordz Games

Post by goodwoodrw »

Sorry to say this, but there appears to be little participation from you guys in reference to to feedback and commitment to fixing some the particularly annoying AI idiosyncrasies EG advancing artillery amongst other poor tactics used by the AI. This is in general a fun game, but these issues are serious detractions. Please shed some light on whats going on.
Formerly Goodwood

gerg71

RE: Those at lordz Games

Post by gerg71 »

I just thought the advancing artillery was Russian desperation after I destroyed all his other troops and tanks?
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

ORIGINAL: gerg71

I just thought the advancing artillery was Russian desperation after I destroyed all his other troops and tanks?

you could only wished that was the case
Formerly Goodwood

KerenskyLI

Post by KerenskyLI »

Well we see right under this thread that some players are struggling with the difficulty. Hard to justify making the AI smarter and harder in light of that.
tm.asp?m=3080601
If you do find the AI to be unchallenging though, I highly suggest trying out one of the higher difficulty settings yourself (especially the bonus unlockable modes). :)
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Kerensky, this not a case of struggling with the difficulty level, its a matter of commonsense. No matter how easy dev makes the game, one thing he or she shouldn't do, is make the AI look just plain stupid. Really no matter what, artillery should never advance to the front of the line, and certainly shouldn't park itself along side a whoping big tank unit to get slaughtered the next turn. It's been around 3 months since the last patch and are some things that still need fixing.
I among lots of others, still play the game and keep buying the DLCs, we are supporting this product, perhaps this should be a two way thing!
Formerly Goodwood

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: BASB
it's been around 3 months since the last patch and are some things that still need fixing.
It's no secret that, Rudankort, the PzC programmer, has been absent in the past three months due to a personal matter.
So that's why we didn't have any patch in this last three months.
For several times, Rudankort stated, that he would like to tweak the AI but he needed time to do it, mainly because the game also need some support in other areas, like localization, mod support, etc.
We also know that those AI changes can break the gameplay balance, so any change there, must be conducted with care.
So, time seems to be the essence here.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Alex (Rudankort) just returned form a well deserved and needed break after years of continuous hard work and development, it is indeed a personal and private matter.

Good news is, he has returned and is slowly picking up the pace again, a PzC v1.6 patch is still on the program as well as an unannounced bigger expansion for late this summer, but we give Alex all the time and space needed to get into a flow again.

We originally had much more planned for around X-mas and the first half of 2012, but due to these circumstances, all schedules were thrown overboard and we postponed all planned updates, expansions and sequels, except for the excellent DLC`s, Kerensky was able to deliver and take over until Alex his return.

I hope we can tell you more officially about our plans within the next few months. For now just enjoy the fun DLC`s!

We at the moment have our hands full finishing Commander: The Great War, so plenty of work is done behind the scenes and we will continuous support and keep developing the Panzer Corps game series, just see it as a temporarily planned break to get back upto steam. :-)
HansHafen

Post by HansHafen »

Play against a human opponent at Panzer Club or Panzer Ligga for some real challenges. Have some patience for the human condition also. As we have with you. :)

Return to “Panzer Corps”