From the 'Lest We Forget' Debt...

Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem is a highly enhanced new release of Close Combat, using the latest Close Combat engine with many additional improvements. Its design is based on the critically acclaimed Close Combat – A Bridge Too Far, originally developed by Atomic Games, as well as the more recent Close Combat: The Longest Day. This is the most ambitious and most improved of the new Close Combat releases, but along with all the enhancements it retains the same addicting tactical action found in the original titles! Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem comes with expanded force pools, reserve & static battlegroups, a troop point buying system, ferry and assault crossings, destructible bridges, static forces and much more! Also included in this rebuild are 60+ battles, operations and campaigns including a new enhanced Grand Campaign!
xe5

From the 'Lest We Forget' Debt...

Post by xe5 »

There will be some exciting news regarding CC in the future, probably early next year.

Regards, Erik Rutins Director of Product Development and Business Relations

It would be quite welcome to get "some exciting news" firsthand early this year/month/week/day.

Hopefully those beta patches werent all of that.
Cathartes

RE: From the 'Lest We Forget' Debt...

Post by Cathartes »

bumpety
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

if matrix gave Cathartes a job in the making of the new CC i would have some hope for a better Game...

Tigercub
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

This was the announcement by Slitherine and Matrix Games about aquiring the rights to the Close Combat brand from Destineer Studios, and the planned release of the next Close Combat title later this year, Panthers in the Fog.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/433/details/Close.Combat:.Panthers.in.the.Fog

xe5

Post by xe5 »

Good news.

Now if only I could access the Slitherine forums to pester the devs with questions, quibbles, comments and suggestions [:(]
Pvt_Grunt

Post by Pvt_Grunt »

Please do, we have the utmost confidence in your pestering ability. In a positive way, of course... or as "The Dictator" would say - Aladeen!
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

FYI - Slitherine forums are here, if you want to sign up for them: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/

xe5

Post by xe5 »

hmmm...Dictator...yes, that has a solid ring of unassailable authority to it!

Due to circumstances apparently beyond Slitherine's control, new registrations there have been pending since last week [&:]

s'ok, [&o] Das Blut will again prolly be the army of one who codes PitF.
Attachments
dictater.jpg
dictater.jpg (37.3 KiB) Viewed 183 times
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

So, what happened here? xe5 got mad for not being invited to code Close Combat? I think he could do good.
Hard-core Spectre
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Kanov,

This thread is from two years ago, so I'm not sure.

I think this was about the announcement of the Slitherine / Matrix merger. You'd have to talk to Xe5 if you want to know the rest, but it looks like he and Pvt Grunt were just being funny.

Steve
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Yeah probably just fooling around. I must have missed something in that sentence.

Was looking for some info on CC and came across several interesting posts by xe5 and then this bizarre last post.

Sorry for bringing an old topic, I just was curious.
Hard-core Spectre
Pvt_Grunt

Post by Pvt_Grunt »

I'm certain Steve gets the "Das Blut" reference, mine was just a tip of the hat to a funny movie I'd seen. No resemblance at all to a certain programmer with far to much on his plate!

Return to “Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem”