Let's face it...

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

henri51

Let's face it...

Post by henri51 »

Let's face it, this is a difficult game compared to the original PG series, and if you want to avoid restarting the campaign, you may have to cheat. The problem with core units carrying over from one scenario to the next is that if you get unlucky in one scenario, that may make it IMPOSSIBLE to succeed in the following scenarios. So unless you end each scenario with your core units overstrength and no core losses, you may be facing Mission Impossible in the next scenario.

For example as an experienced gamer (including PG), I played the first Polish scenario rather loosely at the Colonel level expecting an easy victory, bought a lot of units, lost a couple of core units, and ended the scenario with many of my units weak and NONE of them overstrength. As a result, in the following scenario (Low Countries) I did not even come close to even a marginal victory as the Allied tanks and planes, helped by numerous rivers in front of cities caused heavy casualties and destroyed some more core units. Game over...[:@]

I am glad that I did not play deep into the campaign before I realized this. So my advice is that if you start to go under, unless you are a masochist, CHEAT like hell! There is a list of cheats somewhere on this forum.

I have read comments by some players claiming to have played the whole campaign at the hardest difficulty and getting a decisive victory for every scenario in the campaign. There are either some military geniuses on this forum who would make Guderian look like an amateur or there are some tall tales making the rounds...[&o]

Henri
parusski

RE: Let's face it...

Post by parusski »

CHEAT like hell! There is a list of cheats somewhere on this forum.

Yeah

Here is the cheat thread

And to annoy some, here:

Cheat codes

I wanted to list here all cheat codes supported by Panzer Corps. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+C to enter a cheat code. Here is a list of supported codes (#N means an integer number).

prestige #N
Adds #N to prestige (can be negative)

core #N
Adds #N to core slots (can be negative)

aux #N
Adds #N to aux slots (can be negative)

sea #N
Adds #N to sea transports num (can be negative)

air #N
Adds #N to air transports (can be negative)

rail #N
Adds #N to rail transports (can be negative)

exp #N
Sets experience of the selected unit to #N

str #N
Sets strength of the selected unit to #N

ent #N
Sets entrenchment of the selected unit to #N

fuel #N
Sets fuel of the selected unit to #N

ammo #N
Sets ammo of the selected unit to #N

turns #N
Adds #N to scenario turn count. Can be negative.

weather #N
Sets current weather (0=clear, 1=overcase, 2=raining, 3=snowing)

ground #N
Sets ground state (0=dry, 1=muddy, 2=frozen)

fog of war
Shows enemy's units on the map (the opponent will not see our units until he enteres this code on his turn). Entering the code again disables this mode.

all eqp
Allows to buy any future equipment. Entering the code again disables this mode.

no zoc
Disables ZOC for our units. Entering the code again disables this mode.

uber units
Every attack of our units completely kills the opponent. Entering the code again disables this mode.

turbo units
All units move at speed 50. Entering the code again disables this mode.

force retreat
Any attack by our units forces the enemy to retreat. Entering the code again disables this mode.

endscn #N
Ends current scenario with outcome #N (in campaigns 0=decisive victory, 1=marginal victory, 2=loss).

chess
Makes all combats play exactly as they were predicted (unless rugged defense happens)

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
deducter

Post by deducter »

I'd just like to say that those claims aren't tall tales.

I play the PzC DLCs, which are arguably harder than the stock campaign. I play with -75% prestige, and I have won DV on every map from 1939-1941, documented via video capture. I try to explain some of my tactics to help inform other players of tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot0YSB53FoU

However, there is no shame in using cheat codes when you are still learning the game. Everyone was new at one point.
gerg71

Post by gerg71 »

Well I did very well on the first campaign and every DLC up until '43...Now that I'm there I couldn't agree more about the loss of units and the next scenerio then being almost imposible...I use to enjoy in the original series that I could change history, but there are just so many Russians that a minor victory is all I try for in this DLC. That is unless I want to lose my entire force but for a few units. I don't believe we have to recreat the 6th Army's demise every time do we?
soldier1

Post by soldier1 »

Lets face it. It is possible to achieve a string of DV's at the hardest levels without cheating in most of the DLC campaigns.

Return to “Panzer Corps”