NooB Here

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

critter

RE: NooB Here

Post by critter »

ORIGINAL: Josh

ORIGINAL: critter

Thanks Josh, I'm still struggling with tt. Seerms like a job sometimes.

Oh agreed, it can be a clickfest sometimes, but IMO it has a great advantage namely *you* as a player can decide what goes where. 100 Inf in three different units? Done. 2 AT guns and some MG's? Done. I do use the shortkeys for Strategic Transport though, much more convenient.
There has been discussion about unit templates recently. To avoid all the clicking involved when creating an unit, it was proposed to have the option of having "unit templates". Where you can decide what units you want as a template, then when you need them just click on it and bingo; there you have your Inf unit consisting of 35 Inf, 1 AT gun, 2 Inf guns, 5 MG's and 5 Mortars. Saves you a lot of clicks.
Maybe in a next patch or in AT 2??

That sounds great about the templates. Would save allot or hassle strategic transfering units. Maybe assigning the production settings in your cities alloted to you HQ's to produce them
What do you mean we're out of amunition???
critter

Post by critter »

ORIGINAL: Kraftwerk

IIRC It goes by unit strength for what it shows on the counter, the strongest SFT group will get pictured. Generally infantry when first built are pretty weak so they arent the dominate SFT in a unit. ATGs, or even trucks will take the top spot till they get some XP.

I think the threshold is right about 19-21 inf. Put 10 inf with 1 truck, itll show a truck, put 2 atgs with 10 inf, shows the atgs, put 5 mgs with 10 inf, shows the MG, put 100 inf with 5 mgs, shows the infantry.

As the inf gets readiness and XP it will usually take over as the counter picture, unless theres tanks or something really tough in there.

As for movement rates that shouldnt be happening, 20 guys and a truck should move just as fast as 19 guys and a truck, 7 guys and a truck, or another unit of 20 guys and a truck. Rail and terrian not calculated of course.

Yeah I could have got that wrong.[:-] The pics on the units could have clouded my judgement.[:(]
What do you mean we're out of amunition???
wodin

Post by wodin »

RIP Critter.
Josh

Post by Josh »

ORIGINAL: wodin

RIP Critter.

? Uhm care to explain, or did I miss something?
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Critter has passed from this world. R.I.P.
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yeah I just read the news in the mainforum. [:(] That's sad news to see a fellow wargamer depart from this world way too early, only 53 [:(] 
Rest in Peace Roy. When my time comes maybe we can play a game or two.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Why does it show he is online if he is deceased?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Could be his girlfriend was checking PMs. I stay logged in. All my wife would have to do is open firefox and go to bookmarks to go to all the forums that I log in to.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: Josh

ORIGINAL: critter

Thanks Josh, I'm still struggling with tt. Seerms like a job sometimes.

Oh agreed, it can be a clickfest sometimes, but IMO it has a great advantage namely *you* as a player can decide what goes where. 100 Inf in three different units? Done. 2 AT guns and some MG's? Done. I do use the shortkeys for Strategic Transport though, much more convenient.
There has been discussion about unit templates recently. To avoid all the clicking involved when creating an unit, it was proposed to have the option of having "unit templates". Where you can decide what units you want as a template, then when you need them just click on it and bingo; there you have your Inf unit consisting of 35 Inf, 1 AT gun, 2 Inf guns, 5 MG's and 5 Mortars. Saves you a lot of clicks.
Maybe in a next patch or in AT 2??

A clone selection would work just as well.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Josh

Post by Josh »

It still feels a bit ... weird to visit Critter's thread, he started this discussion only to pass away to a better place in the midst of this topic. Sort of hallowed ground if you will.
Maybe one day when the "template/clone" idea has been implemented in ATG, it can be referred to as "Critter's Template".

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”