Fort lvl4

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

glvaca

Fort lvl4

Post by glvaca »

I'm noticing that even with a fort unit in the hex they do not seem to build up to lvl 4 but stop at lvl3 +10%

Is this rule still valid?
b. Requirement to build up to Fort Level 4 - Must have a fort unit in the hex. Once built, the fort unit is not needed to keep the level 4 fort. Not possible in swamp hex.

Thanks!
Walloc

RE: Fort lvl4

Post by Walloc »

IIRC, cant check atm, u also need to be within 25 hexes of the enemy. Could that be why?

Kind regards,

Rasmus
glvaca

Post by glvaca »

Actually, most of the hexes are within that distance.
You can check in my AAR, it's East of Moscow, among others.
They are usually on a RR, so in perfect supply.
Although the FZ itself is maybe only at 10-15% strength, I have attached 3 RR brigades and other units are in the hex.
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

I've got lots of forts level 4 around Moscow (october 1942). Keep in mind that it took almost one year. But they appeared in time! When the Hitlerite hordes advanced towards Moscow the level 4 forts appeared (luckily) like mushrooms. That might save -or not- Moscow (along with the Tank and Guards Rifle Corps hit & run attacks).
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

ORIGINAL: glvaca

Actually, most of the hexes are within that distance.
You can check in my AAR, it's East of Moscow, among others.
They are usually on a RR, so in perfect supply.
Although the FZ itself is maybe only at 10-15% strength, I have attached 3 RR brigades and other units are in the hex.

I sorta noticed the same when FZ is that low on ToE or at leased i think that is why. I would try and get em up around 50% ToE and see if it makes a difference. I noted this in particular at the backdoor hex at Leningrad. Seemed to be fixed for me when the ToE of the FZ got higher tho im not 100% on that its the difference maker.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Fort levels are kept in 2% increments. It takes a lot of construction power to build 2% of a fort level 4. There is little randomness to this formula, and it no doubts truncates, so if there is not enough to build 2% of the way from a 3 to a 4 nothing gets built. Some randomness is built in because of how city population helps out, as well as support units (and a leader check was added several versions ago as well). So there are some reasons why one turn you might build 2% and another you wouldn't build anything (weather is a factor as well). However, if turn after turn you are not gaining at least 2%, then you dont' have enough construction assets in the hex (or able to support the units in the hex).
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
glvaca

Post by glvaca »

Thanks Joel, will pimp up the forts [:)]

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”