Looking for a game

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Hortlund

Looking for a game

Post by Hortlund »

Well, its time to dive into the pool again. Ive been away from the forums and the game for half a year or so due to some personal issues. Things are sorted now, and I should be able to play a normal-paced-game (at least one turn/day).

Im open for suggestions. I'd prefer to play scen 2 though. Im always best as the Japanese for some reason. The allied side is too easy...just hang in there for a year, and then unleash hell. Pfft, where is the challenge in that?

Personally I would like a "normal" (sort of) game. A nice, gentlemans game. Where neither player abuses the game-engine, but at the same time, neither player throws the "you broke against the unspoken HR"-book at the other. Is it possible? Judging from some threads, I think not, but I really hope there is such a player out there.

There are two things I have never done in an AE game (yet). Invade Pearl Harbor/West Coast and invade Russia. Im not saying that will happen in this game either, but there is a window of opportunity between Feb/March 42 (when most of the NEI is taken) and the end of the amphib bonus in April...Im just saying.

So... Somone who wants a good, clean fight, and someone who will play within the bounds of reason... any takers?
The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..
Canoerebel

RE: Looking for a game

Post by Canoerebel »

PH, I'll be away from my computer for most of the day, but I'd like to discuss this with you.  I'm interested in playing Scenario Two as the Allies.  It would suit me fine to play without any house rules, subject to both sides excercising reasonable restraint and agreeing to convene if a problem arises. I'll drop you a note later.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Mangotree

Post by Mangotree »

HI PH,

Currently playing Scen 2 as japan, but would love to play Allies.
I have been around for awhile since Uncommon valor days, but always played Japan but would like a shot as allies.
Can produce 1 turn if not 2 turns a day ,IM in East coast USA time.
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

I am just finishing a game up with someone (he would act as a "reference"!). It was only my first big game and we intend to do a deep debrief so going up against the same person, he (Paul) is great by the way, would be less than optimal. I too am interested is another challenge. I would like to stick with the Allies as well. If the others above fall through, then give me a shout. Hal
pws1225

Post by pws1225 »

Dr. Hal? Never heard of the guy! [:D]

Regards, Paul

But seriously, the good doctor has been a reliable and honorable opponent. If you're thinking about devoting the next several years of your life to a GC game, he's a good choice as an opponent. I'd play him in another game except he'd just kick my butt all over again.
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

You sweet talker you!
Hortlund

Post by Hortlund »

Thanks guys, Im going to try a game against the southern gentleman this time.
The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..

Return to “Opponents Wanted”