patch 1.02 - is ready

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

borsook79

RE: patch 1.02 - Work in progress

Post by borsook79 »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

No, not yet.

1.01 has been just released officially. I'm planning to have the 1.02 ready at the end of April.
Do you mean official or beta at the end of April?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Really hard to tell at the moment.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Two new features are added to the game:

Possibility to fully reinforce air units by pressing L button
Possibility to check hexes where the amphibious invasion is possible by pressing F9
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Looking forward to April. [:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Petiloup

Post by Petiloup »

Adding flavors to Tac Bombers would be great. Right now I'm using them only to increase the Odds of a land battle to 7-1 when needed. Even so the cost of rebuilding those TAC bombers when they get losses just to destroy an INF Corps is prohibitive. Really not showing how Air Power could be devastating especially when having Air Superiority. Attacks have been wholly stopped because Air Power did destroy enough tanks to render that attack useless.

Also having only a few air units and the costs to build those makes it even harder to have a real impact on the front line. So maybe air attacks should be against the main target + collateral damage on every enemy adjacent units. For flavor you could add a small chance for friendly fire.

Anyway I'm planning a game with the USSR right now and I find out a few things to improve:

- Hungary takes part of Rumania event (Transylvania). So indeed historically Hitler forced Rumania to give up part of its territory to Hungary so no issue of having that event in place of course. Now in my game I did invade Rumania with the USSR and I was controlling the major part of the territory to be given to Hungary... and the even still took place. I got back my units but there is no reason I would have agreed to do that with the USSR knowing I would have to fight Hungary later anyway. At least this should trigger another event if Rumania and USSR are at war in this case asking if the USSR want to give that territory to Hungary. Maybe with the benefit of having Hungary going from Axis to Neutral.

- As the USSR I did the Winter War with Finland and it was going well but suddenly Finland gave up some territories and sue for peace... and I had no choice to accept it or not. Of course I went back to war the next turn but that didn't make sense.

- Sweden seems not to care that Finland is under USSR control. There could be an event where Sweden decides to lean more on the Axis side to get protection or ask a treaty of non-aggression with the USSR in exchange for something (going Neutral, some PP per turn,...).

- Ultimatum to get Bessarabia from Rumania, as Rumania didn't reply I invade them and then they just went to die without even proposing to accept the ultimatum in exchange for peace. Also they went directly to Axis and suddenly I was at war with Germany. At least Germany could choose to defend Rumania or not and if not they would be out of the Axis alliance. Or force the USSR to either accept Bessarabia for peace or to declare War to Germany at a cost (SU or Political pts).

- Even after accepting the alliance with Germany and the partition of Poland you can still attack Germany at no costs for the USSR. There should be some Social Unrest or Political pt to spend for doing this which would be a reason for the USSR to refuse the pact if their view is to attack Germany anyway.

- Para drops, the range is so much more than even what I get with my Strategic Bombers. So doesn't really make sense and that range should depend on the Air Technological level. Also seems there is no limit to the Air Transport pts while this was a critical problem even for the Allies at the end of the war. See the movie "A Bridge too far" to understand this. There should be an Air Transport pts system like the STP. Then maybe allow INF Divisions to be airlifted as well.

Good thing otherwise is that once at war with Germany I didn't get the chance to get the Baltic States as per the pact with Germany. Makes sense.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Just updated the first post, couple of interesting features has been added.
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Nice!!!
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

--GUI
Game won't run in windowed mode equal to desktop display resolution
Is this change really necessary? I for one find this very useful...
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

doesn't it cut the bottom of your screen?

We have decided to do that as this is a bug, and for less tech-experienced people causing a situation where the game is unplayable.
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

With no taskbar at the bottom, the cut-off is very small and the game is perfectly playable. Maybe instead of deleting this option there could be a warning popup about the resolution chosen?

doesn't it cut the bottom of your screen?

We have decided to do that as this is a bug, and for less tech-experienced people causing a situation where the game is unplayable.
Peter123

Post by Peter123 »

Added new modifier changing effectiveness of armored units in cities (both defending and attacking)

Great!

To allow defender combat witdrawing from cities and fortresses (if only as a modding choice) would be good. Right now you can give the defense bonus you like, so the no witdraw feature only leads the defender to certain annihilation and to a siege war.
JLPOWELL

Post by JLPOWELL »

Any chance of getting the Qattera Depression map adjustment added as part of the patch?
"Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

This needs some serious testing, as I would like to try implementing it in little bit different way, so if yes, no sooner than in 1.03
JLPOWELL

Post by JLPOWELL »

Just curious. 'Serious Testing' has me a bit baffled. I suppose the AI could get hung up on a map change. What other testing is needed? Clearly it would affect play balance with human players but that is the point.

Obviously we don't want to introduce a bug.

-Thanks

This needs some serious testing, as I would like to try implementing it in little bit different way, so if yes, no sooner than in 1.03
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I would prefer not to put water in there (even if covered by the eyecandies).
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

We just fixed (yes Saturday late night) problem with doubled (or tripled) convoy route.
This means that the supply system should be 100% effective with the new rules where units are choosing city providing best supply level instead the closest one.

What is even more important this means we are starting to lean into the patch release path, most probably as soon as the new upkeep system will be finished.
JLPOWELL

Post by JLPOWELL »

Sounds good looking forward to it.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

First post updated and we all almost done with the 1.02
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Looks very good indeed. Will it be old save compatible?
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

We are hoping they would.

Return to “Time of Fury”