1939 IMPROVED GAME MOD (now awailable to download)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.

Moderator: doomtrader

welk

1939 IMPROVED GAME MOD (now awailable to download)

Post by welk »

Due to the fact I am coming in the final release phase of my mod, it takes a new name :

1939-Grand Campaign improved

It will include all my "old" mods in one :

* Classic wargame mod
* USA modified territory
* 100% Impassible Qatarra depression
* Pantelleria Island
* Waffen ss units
* Graph editor
* Wall papers
* Modified Sounds

If you want that something else was included, it's the needed moment to ask for that : what features, graphs, units, etc do you want in addition, please ?

In addition : I need please some documentation about oob of waffen ss in 1939-1940, and some technical indications about hopw to add new photos in game (Ghost of Doom, are you here ?)[:'(]

I had though that I could create a second additive special "country", to simulate german panzer forces separatly of conventionnal infantry german forces, and to simulate the difficulty of coordination inf/armored in campaigns. What do you think about that idea ? (It would need that German side = human player)
doomtrader

RE: 1939 IMPROVED GAME MOD : What do you wish ?

Post by doomtrader »

Just make a photo with the same name as the unit's name.

I think that all SS divisions are included and appearing in the game. You just need to change the country's ID in the events.
shermanwar

Post by shermanwar »

This sound great! I think only SS units need to be separate though. You had said panzer units but a lot (if not most) panzer units were regular Wehrmacht and not SS.

If the SS is a separate "country"" then the player should be allowed to spend more PP on them to plus them up or ever create more. So I guess my thought is that this SS "Country" could create more if so desired. Also I'd like to see them given the kind of significant effectiveness that their presence had on the battlefield.

I look forward to your mod!!
Sherman
welk

Post by welk »

The 1939 Improved mod is now awailable here :

http://www.2shared.com/file/UyuqrgjK/19 ... d_Mod.html

It dos not includ sounds : for sounds, see please here :
tm.asp?m=3073610&mpage=1?

It does not include waffen ss unit, because I have to work parameters in CSV files and const (I will do that after the release of basic modding guide)

It does not include the new graph editor mod : for this mod, see here :
tm.asp?m=3072674&mpage=1&#3074614

Features :

Armored, motorized and air units have now new specific symbols on counters
Map looks like a classic boardgame and is more clear, with more visible symbols for some elements ( ports, naval zones, etc).
Players have now (with one of the “draw view”) a new political (national colors) map
Minimap, wich is more clear
All interface is now less “intrusive” (transparent commands and buttons when used) and screen space to play more “large”. The mod is provided with different “Gui” files, for different level of opacity, depending what players prefer.
All dynamic buttons of the interface are now invisible and may be seen only when used (with or without opacity version)
Addes Qattara Depression
Added Pantelleria Island (near Malta)
Modified USA Territory (more “geographic” coasts).
Modified Alpes, now more realistic as “hard mountains” : some hex at the french/italian border that were hills have been changed in high mountains.
Added 2 impassible mountains hexagones in Alpes (on french/zwiss border) = very high mountains (no movment in or through)
Modified Norvegian coast (to have not the basic “geometric” coast in South-West of this country = added some land hex)
Modified colors of some countries (more pastels tons) = URSS, Spain and Yugoslavia

welk

Post by welk »

a graph modification for wargamers who prefer use classic counters (and not circles) for air units. It works with the 1939 improved mod

Concerning this mod, I will improve in the future the USA (due to the fact sea node may be modified and connected in csv files), and I will improve hex appearance for paradroop range, naval shore bomb range and amphibious attacks (they are actually not very visible on map and I will give them a similar and more visible look as I did for air strike range, reco, etc)
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Very nice work, can't wait to see how it looks on screen, thanks.[:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: welk
It does not include waffen ss unit, because I have to work parameters in CSV files and const (I will do that after the release of basic modding guide.

Can you do the same for Soviet Guards Units ?[:)]

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

screenies please
welk

Post by welk »

Yes, same may be done for soviet Guard units (and/or for siberian forces). Will probbaly make that later (first, I explore all possibilities in modding).

Attached = Global screen of pastel map

The mod complete is awailable here :
http://www.2shared.com/file/UyuqrgjK/19 ... d_Mod.html

Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (229.1 KiB) Viewed 167 times
welk

Post by welk »

same screen if player choice to play with terrain and borders only, without national territories

Doom : some additionnal questions are here, for tje basic modding guide in work
[:'(]
tm.asp?m=3081966

Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (291.26 KiB) Viewed 167 times
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

With the SS mod, I suppose that as a new 'country', those units will have their own national turn. How will they count in the minor country list, is there any way to control when they get their turn.

With SS units for the Axis and Guard units for the Allies, that would give the opportunity of two chances for each side to move 'German/Soviet' units during a turn, depending on how they fitted in with the other minor allies, it might give some different strategy options (e.g. you have the Germany turn to move units, then you might get a second chance with the SS move - would you want the SS units to move early, or late in the sequence, remembering they were often spearhead units). Same applies to Guard units during the Allied turn, will you want to use them early, or later, in the turn and could that be adjusted.

Does it have an effect on supply for the major nation if the SS/Guards 'countries' take control over hexes.[:)]

welk

Post by welk »

Yes, Waffen ss units are a separate country. I did not setted with precision the parameters of these units/country : users will do what they want with that (they have just to edit the const_Waffen SS with txt bloc-notes and the countries.csv file with excel to set parameters they want exactly for ss units and ss country). It's the reason for what I did not include the waffen ss mod as part of the 1939 improved mod. In addition, in readme file of waffen ss mod are instructions about how to make adaptation of the mod for others scenarios, etc
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: welk
Yes, Waffen ss units are a separate country. I did not setted with precision the parameters of these units/country : users will do what they want with that (they have just to edit the const_Waffen SS with txt bloc-notes and the countries.csv file with excel to set parameters they want exactly for ss units and ss country). It's the reason for what I did not include the waffen ss mod as part of the 1939 improved mod. In addition, in readme file of waffen ss mod are instructions about how to make adaptation of the mod for others scenarios, etc

There may be opportunities for variations in strategies by having SS and Guard units that can be modded separately from main German and Soviet units, which could be quite good, there may also be problems in running these units in close company with the main country unit. Only testing will show.

I like the GUI options you have produced, they don't clutter the map, but would like to put the info box text backgrounds back to default, your current background setting (black)is too dark for the colour of text I would like to use. Can you say which lines adjust the text background colour, thanks. [:)]

welk

Post by welk »

Attached is a transperant gui file with original background (if not enough transparent, say me, I will rectify)

to dowload ; click right on the link in windows (no click left, important if you have not winrar installed)

after downoladed, change the extension of the file (change.zip in .rar). You must have installed winrar to be in order to open the file (winrar = winzip, same kind of program, may be dowloaded everywhere on web)
Attachments
GUI.zip
(856.48 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Thanks very much, that looks better in my favourite colour text, having to travel for a few weeks, but hope to get back to the game when I return. [:)]

Return to “Design and Modding”