DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

drw61

DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu

Post by drw61 »

DaBigBabes version of scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu. It can be played as PBEM or allies verses the Japanese AI. (It will not work as Japanese player ver AI as there are too many changes to allied LCU locations.)

I used DaBigBabes-A, Stock Map, Dec.7 as a starting point and added in scenario 2 changes for this mod.
Please take a look, feedback is very welcome.

Daryl

Updated IJA Guards TOE -
Now with the scn and aei data file included
edited in economy and pilot changes
Renamed scenario - was listed as none, now DaIronBabes-A, Hakko Ichiu
Attachments
Scen30 2Dec12.zip
(880.99 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
drw61

RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu

Post by drw61 »

Here is the first half the AI Files

Attachments
AI File 1.zip
(888.84 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
drw61

Post by drw61 »

Part 2 the AI files
Attachments
AI File 2.zip
(899.47 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Captain Cruft

Post by Captain Cruft »

Great stuff, thank you.
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

Part 2 the AI files
Are the AI files needed if playing a PBEM?

Has this Scen been played?
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
drw61

Post by drw61 »

ORIGINAL: khyberbill
Part 2 the AI files
Are the AI files needed if playing a PBEM?

Has this Scen been played?

I'm not sure about the AI files if playing a PBEM.

I'm testing this and have played as allies verses the AI into early 42. Everything looks good so far.
Feedback is always welcome/needed.

Thanks, Daryl

JWE

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: drw61
I'm not sure about the AI files if playing a PBEM.

I'm testing this and have played as allies verses the AI into early 42. Everything looks good so far.
Feedback is always welcome/needed.

Thanks, Daryl
It should be ok, Daryl. The AI scripts pick LCUs from the list depending on their slot location. BigBabes didn't mess with that for Japan a whole lot, so the AI can find what it needs for Japan, so that part of the AI is cool. We screwed, unmercifully, with the Allied slots, so the AI will likely assault with a Naval Port Unit, two construction bns and a cooks and bakers regiment, rather than the 3rd MarDiv. All you gots to do is is look at what the old script is using for units and use the new slot locations for those units in the script. Simple yes? Ciao.
drw61

Post by drw61 »

ORIGINAL: JWE

All you gots to do is is look at what the old script is using for units and use the new slot locations for those units in the script. Simple yes? Ciao.

I believe we have differing views on the word simple [:D]
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

I can't get it to work. Obviously operator error on my part. I cannot find the scn file. Same with the Ironman scenario. Would copying the Babes scen 28 file over to 55/56 work? I also think the aeaidata file is missing.

Thank You
drw61

Post by drw61 »

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

I can't get it to work. Obviously operator error on my part. I cannot find the scn file. Same with the Ironman scenario. Would copying the Babes scen 28 file over to 55/56 work? I also think the aeaidata file is missing.

Thank You
You are correct, here are the two files you are looking for, I'll update the main zips this afternoon when I have time
Attachments
scn056.zip
(84.35 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

Thank You.

I thought I was doing something wrong. It's usually the case.
darbycmcd

Post by darbycmcd »

Thanks for this! It was something I was thinking of doing but have been too lazy.... I mean too busy. Don't suppose you would be interested in doing an extended map version????

I hope this mod gets some attention. I think scen 2 is maybe a bit more popular than 1, and DBB really does represent the best current evolution of the game, so the combination should be very popular.
JWE

Post by JWE »

Asked Daryl for his permission to slick his scenario up with the latest and greatest Babes updates and post it on the Babes site; would include an extended map version and a reduced cargo cap version. Maybe call it DaIronBabes, DIB-A, DIB-B, and DIB-C?
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

I would like a Scenario 2 on extended map with stacking limits and some of the device changes that JWE and others have made for Dababes. This is what you have done drw61??

Slightly OT - Could you relabel the Japanese Infantry Squads that become available in 1/43 as "Inf Sqds 43" to show the difference?? Right now, I cannot tell the difference in which units have been upgraded in my PBEM game in mid-July 43. Is there any reason why Japanese Infantry did not get an increase in anti-armor values throughout the war?? In DaBabes, there are the heavy infantry squads that come with anti-armor, but not the infantry squads.
[center]Image[/center]
drw61

Post by drw61 »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I would like a Scenario 2 on extended map with stacking limits and some of the device changes that JWE and others have made for Dababes. This is what you have done drw61??

This is DBBB ver 028 DaBigBabes-A, Stock Map, Dec. 7 Start and added the extra Japanese ships, LCU's, air units and data changes from scenario 2. I'm still testing this and the Ironman version so have not started an extended map version yet but will give it a go when time allows

Slightly OT - Could you relabel the Japanese Infantry Squads that become available in 1/43 as "Inf Sqds 43" to show the difference?? Right now, I cannot tell the difference in which units have been upgraded in my PBEM game in mid-July 43. Is there any reason why Japanese Infantry did not get an increase in anti-armor values throughout the war?? In DaBabes, there are the heavy infantry squads that come with anti-armor, but not the infantry squads.
Looking at the editor for DBBB, the basic Japanese infantry unit (device 707) does not upgrade. The IJA Hy Inf Sqd 41 does upgrade and is named IJA Hy Inf Sqd 43
JWE

Post by JWE »

Daryl has graciously given his permission to post this on the Babes site. I made an extended map version, and another with the extended map and reduced cargo capacities. With Daryl's agreement, calling it DaIronBabes. Think we know where all the different bodies are buried, so any BigBabes updates can be easily ported into DaIronBabes.

Scen030-A: AndyMac's Hakku Ichiu tweaked for Babes.
Scen030-B: Hakku Ichiu tweaked for Babes and the Extended Map.
Scen030-C: Hakku Ichiu tweaked for Babes, the Extended Map, and reduced Cargo Caps.

Uploading today.

[ed] thoughtlessly called it Ironman - changed it to Hakku Ichiu. Sorry.
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

Daryl has graciously given his permission to post this on the Babes site. I made an extended map version, and another with the extended map and reduced cargo capacities. With Daryl's agreement, calling it DaIronBabes. Think we know where all the different bodies are buried, so any BigBabes updates can be easily ported into DaIronBabes.

Scen030-C: Hakku Ichiu tweaked for Babes, the Extended Map, and reduced Cargo Caps.

Uploading today.

DaIronBabes! Now that is a Manly name...

Daryl and JWE - Well Done.

Mac
LAV-25 2147
drw61

Post by drw61 »

I love that name too! Thanks JWE for doing this.
Daryl
ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

Uploading today.

DaIronBabes! Now that is a Manly name...

Daryl and JWE - Well Done.

Mac
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

drw61

Put together the DIB 30 B with extended map and new pwhexe.dat / pwzlink.dat and pwzone.dat.

LCU [6681] AdenRNBase Fortress is mis matched to hex 20,3 and in the editor is assigned to the Masirah Base [1610]. The Kuwait RNBase Fortress [6682] is mismatched to a red hex below and to the left of Abadan.

I have several DBB installs with extended map, and am familiar with the process. I reinstalled the three data and map files from the "Babes and Extended Map Data and Art" zip.

The only step that I did out sequence was to patch the game to official r9 after I installed all of the above. Perhaps I need to start from scratch - as I may have messed it up.

OK. Am very excited to play a Babes Ironman with the extended Map. Appreciate all of your and the Babes Team work.

Mac
LAV-25 2147
JWE

Post by JWE »

Oh, poop in a jar! You are right Mac. I forgot a couple things. Am very far away from the desktop and am relying on memory. That's pretty stupid, isn't it? Ok, will be fixed by tomorrow morning and reposted. Thanks.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”