Another expansion?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

jakla1027

Another expansion?

Post by jakla1027 »

Ok just wondering if anyone has heard of another expansion in the works for Command Ops? Im personally wishing for....

A. Late war expansion Feb.-May 45
B. Sicily & Italy Pack July 43-May45
C. North Africa 1940-43

Thats my wish list, dont know if B & C could be expansions or if they'd have to be whole new games? As for A i think thats a good expansion time frame.

Anywho any news or thoughts on expansions would be great!!![:D]
Phoenix100

RE: Another expansion?

Post by Phoenix100 »

They're working on a Russian thing, Jakla, so I doubt anything else will be happening as per your wish list. I have the feeling they have real world things eating into their time too at the moment (defence contracts....)....Me, I'm still waiting for some kind of fix to the 'halting, halting, halting' thing.....BUt if the real world is competing then I'm not holding my breath, obviously...
Arimus

Post by Arimus »

Expansions could be created by anyone with a good knowledge of the editing tools and time. No coding needed. (ie sub'd out)
Huib

Post by Huib »

Pieter (Tukker) and I are working on one. Not sure if I'm allowed to tell about it yet though.
Keep posted.

Huib
Bil H

Post by Bil H »

There is more going on behind the scenes then most realize.
Ah, well, since you do not wish death, then how about a rubber chicken?

Sam the Eagle

My Combat Mission Blog:
https://battledrill.blogspot.com/
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

FYI we have a number of expansion packs ( battle packs ) in the works. These include:
  • Knock on All Doors (KOAD) - the German staff solution in lieu of Wacht am Rhine
  • East Front - post Stalingrad ( Title to be advised )
  • West Wall - battles along the westerns front late 44 ( other than Bulge and Market Garden )
  • Legend of the Blitzkrieg (LOTB) - tactical level game focussing on battles from France 1940. This will have 50m terrain grid ize with line platoons and squad support units.

NOTE these are just projects under development. They may or may not actually eventuate with a public release. We are not making any public commitment to release these.

KOAD is progressing well with two thirds of the scenarios done. West Wall is only just starting. East Front is well under way but there is still a bit of mapping to be done, scenarios to be drafted and tested and we have a fair bit of coding to do. LOTB is just starting.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
gabeeg

Post by gabeeg »

....oh man, I am going to have to change my pants...

"Legend of the Blitzkrieg (LOTB) - tactical level game focussing on battles from France 1940. This will have 50m terrain grid ize with line platoons and squad support units."

This has me excited...the scale...the era...right up my alley.
Kind Regards,

Harry
Howard Mitchell

Post by Howard Mitchell »

Good news indeed!
While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

The platoon thing is VERY interesting. Hope that progresses well.
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Interesting...........let's hope they all see the light of day!! [&o]

Well, maybe not the platoon level thing[:'(]

Just kidding..........

Rob.[:)]
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
jakla1027

Post by jakla1027 »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

FYI we have a number of expansion packs ( battle packs ) in the works. These include:
  • Knock on All Doors (KOAD) - the German staff solution in lieu of Wacht am Rhine
  • West Wall - battles along the westerns front late 44 ( other than Bulge and Market Garden )
  • Legend of the Blitzkrieg (LOTB) - tactical level game focussing on battles from France 1940. This will have 50m terrain grid ize with line platoons and squad support units.

NOTE these are just projects under development. They may or may not actually eventuate with a public release. We are not making any public commitment to release these.

KOAD is progressing well with two thirds of the scenarios done. West Wall is only just starting. East Front is well under way but there is still a bit of mapping to be done, scenarios to be drafted and tested and we have a fair bit of coding to do. LOTB is just starting.

So just to make sure i understand correctly, are these "expansion packs that are in the works" using the command ops enginge or are these expansion packs for different games that Matrix games produces?
Lieste

Post by Lieste »

Cmd Ops.
Bil H

Post by Bil H »

As Lieste says these are all for the Command Ops engine... and just as a correction, the name is Legends of the Blizkrieg (plural)
Ah, well, since you do not wish death, then how about a rubber chicken?

Sam the Eagle

My Combat Mission Blog:
https://battledrill.blogspot.com/
wodin

Post by wodin »

LOTB sounds amazing!
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: Deathtreader

Well, maybe not the platoon level thing[:'(]

Just kidding..........

Better had be!
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Hi,

With the understanding that nothing is carved in stone etc., would it be accurate to assume that KOAD and West Wall are intended to be like the HTTR pack ie. new scenarios and estabs but no new "features" while requiring BFTB to be played whereas LOTB and the EF game are intended to be "stand alones" along the Cmd. Ops evolutionary trail??

Just curious...

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Rob,

Yes.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

ORIGINAL: Elsie93

ImageExpansions could be created by anyone with a good knowledge of the editing tools and time. No coding needed. (ie sub'd out)

That's correct provided the game engine doesn;t need a new feature added to imulate some particular aspect that had a significant impact on the battlefield. Eg amphibious landings.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Command Ops Series”