Bonus when using units from same army/corps?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

moose1999

Bonus when using units from same army/corps?

Post by moose1999 »

Are there any special bonuses when units from the same army/corps takes part in a battle?
I heard somewhere that there was some kind of CV bonus/penalty for reserve units when comitting to a battle, based on something having to do with army membership... But I haven't been able to anything about it in the manual.

I know it is important to keep units in range of their Corps HQ for supply and SU commitment - but are there any other benefits from keeping army/corps integrity?
regards,

Briny
gids

RE: Bonus when using units from same army/corps?

Post by gids »

yas far as i know you dont have a negative leadership roll,or a negative penalty when attacking with the same HQ units,its easy to see in the battle report
if you see minus 10% youre propably using units from differen HQ if you use units from 3 different hq it will be -30 % i think
FB jacky heusequin
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

Aha, interesting.
Is that when using units from different corps or only different armies?
regards,

Briny
sj80

Post by sj80 »

I think the penality depends on the command structure:

*Unit from same Corps HQ: no penality
*Unit from other Corps HQ but same Army: -8%
*Unit from other Army but same Army Group: -16%
*Unit from other Army Group: - 36%

One Corps HQ is chosen as battle leader. I think this mechanisms depends on the Leaders quality.
Simply try to avoid large penalities. For example you can shift units between HQs before a very important attack to maximize your results.

sj80
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

Very good points here - thanks to both of you.
Have not payed much attention to this until now.
Perhaps Leningrad will fall before christmas now :-)
regards,

Briny
sajer

Post by sajer »

Good points SJ80 - nice table to have

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”