Khalkhin Gol battles in 1939

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
KEYSTONE07950

Khalkhin Gol battles in 1939

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

From reading the Graviteam forums, they appear to be working on a stand alone game of the Khalkhin Gol battles in 1939.

Firstly, I hope Matrix will sell this product; Secondly, I hope Matrix will publish the manual and have input into the UI.

I support the right to arm bears!
Misconduct

RE: Khalkhin Gol battles in 1939

Post by Misconduct »

Wow that's certainly not an interesting battle want, unless the Russians want to beat the living snot out of the Japanese. I know Graviteam leans on the Russians, perhaps a 1941-2 Stand alone game instead.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Whilst I do not see the Japanese standing much of a chance, that would not stop me from buying the game. Early scenarios should be well balanced and it is a period of history that is over looked.
A Sharif
henri51

Post by henri51 »

There were some interesting battles in the Russo-Japanese war, some with a lot of maneuver possibilities. I remember one scenario ( in TOAW I think) that was one of the most interesting scenarios of that game. I forgot the name though.

Henri
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: henri51

There were some interesting battles in the Russo-Japanese war, some with a lot of maneuver possibilities. I remember one scenario ( in TOAW I think) that was one of the most interesting scenarios of that game. I forgot the name though.

Henri

The biggest tank battle in history at that date, if I recall. Also, Zhukov commanded the Soviet forces and learned much of his skills there.

However, I would prefer to see AP develop a series of games covering WW2 in Russia from '41 to '45. The final 'master plan' should be to create a branching campaign from '41 to '45.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”