Time of Fury editor 1.04 released

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

bcgames

RE: Time of Fury editor 1.04 released

Post by bcgames »

doomtrader your inbox is full; I cannot respond to your PM.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

thanks, made some space.
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

@bc,
i've posted a ton of screen grabs highlighting issues and others requesting explanations....

I expect that time and resources are being focused on the actual game, rather than for a small number of people interested in making additional scenarios.
elmerlee

Post by elmerlee »

I REALLY want to buy this game. More than any that have come along in quite sometime.

But...

This messing with the patch release is typical Matrix nonsense. How the heck have them become the "seller" of so many good games

That said; I would still go ahead and be OK with a beta patch, if the editor were capable of a reasonable job..
Wasteland sure pays very little attention to getting this done. They have had plenty of time and should wnat to
please the modders who are excellent "advertisers"

Garbage.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Guys, we are currently working on a huge change in the supply system, which is taking our attention from everything else.
During next week we are hoping to get back to the editor development.
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

Thanks D.,
thought that was the case.
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

Bumping for an update here Doom.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

check your email
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

cheeky
[:'(]
welk

Post by welk »

I have to say - and it is not a critic, just "strategic interrogation", what I think about this editor pb :

1/ ToF is a very great and good game, one of the best PC wargame I never player, it's in my "historic great hit list" (Clash of steel, Thirs Reich PC, Strategic Command 1, CEAW Commander Europe at War, Age of Rifles, Civil war general 1 & 2)
2/Wasterland has made a huge work to have a 99% moddable game (for graphs and parameters, the both), and it is a real success.
3/ Wasterland has provided us a very great tool = Engine event manuel (superb tool) : It works fine.
4/ The engine game has been made in a way that allows creation of news wargames : all may be created, starting from 0, to build your own wargame. Fantastic.
5/ The editor is a good tool. But... very capricious (has bugs).

Please : Now, could you try to give us a free bug editor [:'(]. [&o] If your game has no efficient editor, you will have worked for nothing in 2°,3°,4° points
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

could you please step me through how to edit sea nodes, connections and define ports.
with a series of screen grabs. i'm still getting errors.
while the additional tool buttons are a definite improvement, i must still be doing something wrong, with the creation sequence.
welk

Post by welk »

It seems that player, when creates something new, must do :

1-Add the element
2-To set the parameters in data windows
3-Only after that, return in the concerned list (left windows)
4-Select the concerned element in the list
5-Then, place it on the map (by sample : city, port,etc)

If after step N°2 there is one click on the map : it causes crash (editor is immediatly blocking, nothing works : mouse blocked, screen blocked, etc)

Hope it may help.
welk

Post by welk »

For Doom : Founded a probable xml error in the file named "polish" (in the new editor).

I tried to open this xml file to see the content as xml, and internet explorer, trying without result to openthe xml file, return me a error message concerning that :

<ValidateScenario>Sprawd

It seems there is an incorrect line

Translation of the message (using my automatic translator)

The XML page can not be posted(shown)
Impossible to post(show) the entrance(entry) XML by using the sheet of style XSL. Correct error, then click the button Update or re-try later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An incorrect character was found in a contents of text. Error of treatment of the resource file:///C:/Program Rows...

< ValidateScenario > Sprawd
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

This is a file to support Polish language, so there is no need to take care about it.
welk

Post by welk »

Ok.

The "new in work editor works fine (not explored all functions, thus, I will do that after my 2.O classic mod release

Just made an attempt for the fun : My Czechoslovakia is very poor but system works[:'(]

Question, Doom : what means "capital coordinates" for countries (it seems that these coord. are not the coord of the capital city.)

And second point : what is "zero terrain" in editor (impassible terrain ?)

And third point : must a new country to have a capital ? If yes, where enter the coordinates of this capital ?

Attachments
SCREEN.jpg
SCREEN.jpg (257.63 KiB) Viewed 146 times
welk

Post by welk »

Wish list for editor :
* Possibility to add text on map (i.e : if creation of Quatar depression was allowed, may be good to write this name of the concerned impassible terrain

* Naval zone classified by alphab. order (and in general, use of this classification for all elements that are not classified by a way or other in the editor)

* Double-click on a unit in list = automatic sélection of unit on map
(idem for all elements in editor : cities, etc)

*Impassible terrain needed (by sample, to create Quatar depression, or high impassibles mountains, etc Please, give us this impassible terrain [&o]

Actual pb with the editor :

In general, seems more stabilized that old versions, but :

*Function relations does not work at all
* The editor does not cover the entire map (tried to create a sort of Quatar depression with a inactive country = "Tuva"), and seen that in the editor, I could not go enough in south to cover all lines (in game, there are 3 or 4 hex line in south that are not covered by the editor map). Probably same pb in the east (no pb in the editor for north and west of map, the black border of map are visible, not south and east border)
*Pb with new cities connexions : when I create a new citie, after entered the parameters of this city, the city appears ok in the left list. Then ,I may open ok the connexion windows. But the ps is : the new city does not appears at all in the list of "start point" connexion cities. If I enter manually the name, an,d try to establish a connexion with a near city, then there is error message exception (in french, translation in this thread). The pb does not come from the connexion function itself : it works fine with pre-existant cities. Just the pb with new cities, wich do not appears in list of reliable cities (as starting point, evidently).

Consult the end of this message for more details on the appeal of the debugging
Just man - à-temps ( JIT) in the place of this dialog box.

************** Text of the exception **************
System. NullReferenceException: The reference of object is not defined in an authority of an object.
In ToFEdytor.CityDiagramEditor.AddLC_Click(Object Sender, EventArgs e)
In System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs E)
In System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs E)
In System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs Mevent)
In System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& M, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
In System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& M)
In System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& M)
In System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& M)
In System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& M)
In System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& M)
In System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr HWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys loaded(charged) **************
Mscorlib
Version of the assembly: 4.0.0.0
Win32 version: 4.0.30319.239 ( RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Time Of Fury Editor
Version of the assembly: 1.0.2.0
Win32 version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Slitherine/Time%20of%20Fury%20Editor_last_version/Time%20of%20Fury%20Editor.exe
System. Windows. Forms
Win32 version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System. Drawing
Win32 version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 version: 4.0.30319.258 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft. Xna. Framework
Win32 version: 4.0.20823.0 built by: xnabldr
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll
Microsoft. Xna. Framework. Graphics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll
System. Windows. Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
Mscorlib.resources
Win32 version: 4.0.30319.235 ( RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System. Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System. Drawing.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.resources.dll

************** Debugging JIT **************
To activate the debugging just man - à-temps ( JIT), the file of configuration for this
Application or this computer ( machine.config ) has to have value
JitDebugging defined in the section system.windows.forms.
Application must be also compiled with the debugging
Activated.

For example:

<Configuration>
< System.windows.forms jitDebugging = " true " / >
< / configuration >

When the debugging just man - à-temps is activated, not administered exceptions
Will be sent to the debugger JIT registered on the computer
Rather than to be administered by this dialog box.

welk

Post by welk »

Wish lit :

*Undo button is absolutly neede in the editor, please. To work without is a nightmare

Pb in editor :
*Founded how to create ports : First create city as "port" in cities windows. Then, go in the sea node windows and create a new sea node that will be the port of new city-port (you have to enter coordinates of the city-port, and coordinates of the port himself, for each side). Also, the ports of the cities-port are little sea nodes (right ?)

To make a test, I created a new city port in 136-71, on the south baltic see, and classified it as "port". Then, I opened the sea node window, and created a new sea nod named "port BBB". When I tried to establish a connexion : this new sea node appears in the list, but when I create the connexion with sea nod south baltic,; I get error message (eexception error). In addition, when I try to create first the "port BBB" with coordinates, the editor say me "bad port" (but the coordinates are exacts (see image , please). Grrr... I have spent 2 hours on this pb without any solution, I doubt lot of players unexperimentd in modding will take the same time to work with [8|]. This editor is not verry intuitive[:-], I have to say, and would need a readme documentation. Not a critic, I think it has needed some work, but this engine is a little few complicated to use for some parts...[8|]

Screen : my city-port (named BBB) is at 136-71 on map. I want to create the port himself in 135-71 (for player) and 134-70(for ennemy)

welk

Post by welk »

SCREEN
Hre is the screen of the pb. In addition, couild you say to me what are the 2 cursors (sea node size )
Attachments
SCREEN.jpg
SCREEN.jpg (130.05 KiB) Viewed 146 times
welk

Post by welk »

In following is the error message
welk

Post by welk »

When I tried to establish connection between BBB and south baltic sea, message error :(translation of french)

Consult the end of this message for more details on the appeal of the debugging
Just man - à-temps ( JIT) in the place of this dialog box.

************** Text of the exception **************
System. NullReferenceException: The reference of object is not defined in an authority of an object.
In ToFEdytor.SeaEdgeEditor.AddButton_Click(Object Sender, EventArgs e)
In System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs E)
In System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs E)
In System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs Mevent)
In System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& M, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
In System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& M)
In System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& M)
In System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& M)
In System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& M)
In System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& M)
In System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr HWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys loaded(charged) **************
Mscorlib
Win32 version: 4.0.30319.239 ( RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Time Of Fury Editor
Version of the assembly: 1.0.2.0
Win32 version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Slitherine/Time%20of%20Fury%20Editor_last_version/Time%20of%20Fury%20Editor.exe
System. Windows. Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System. Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 version: 4.0.30319.258 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft. Xna. Framework
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll
Microsoft. Xna. Framework. Graphics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll
System. Windows. Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
Mscorlib.resources
Win32 version: 4.0.30319.235 ( RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System. Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** Debugging JIT **************
To activate the debugging just man - à-temps ( JIT), the file of configuration for this
Application or this computer ( machine.config ) has to have value
JitDebugging defined in the section system.windows.forms.
Application must be also compiled with the debugging
Activated.

For example:

<Configuration>
< System.windows.forms jitDebugging = " true " / >
< / configuration >

When the debugging just man - à-temps is activated, not administered exceptions
Will be sent to the debugger JIT registered on the computer
Rather than to be administered by this dialog box.

Return to “Time of Fury”