how far...?

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

jnpoint

how far...?

Post by jnpoint »

I'm new to this game, and can't find information about a few things.

Is there a simple way to get an visually overview of the following:

- how far artillery shoot? or which hexes artillery covers?
- how many hexes air support covers? or where fighters provide support against air attack?

genehaynes

RE: how far...?

Post by genehaynes »

I'm pretty sure all types of artillery have a range of two hexes.

Selecting a fighter unit and clicking on the "recon" button displays the hexes in range of fighter cover. You can set the % of readiness at which the fighter will attempt an intercept (INTC=%, located next to the picture). The closer to your fighter's base the greater the chance of intercept.

If I'm wrong on any of this hopefully someone will correct me.
Harold251

Post by Harold251 »

ORIGINAL: genehaynes
If I'm wrong on any of this hopefully someone will correct me.

gentlemanImage
jnpoint

Post by jnpoint »

So there isn't a colored overlay like the supply overlay, so I can see it all in a glance?! I have to click every single plane to see where I have air support, if I understand you correctly.
genehaynes

Post by genehaynes »

You are correct, there is no color overlay that displays "overall" fighter cover.

Now, I am by no means an expert at this game, but I find that, playing the Germans in Case White and Case Yellow, fighter cover is not that important because your opposition doesn't have a lot of air power. If you're not playing the Germans I think the best you can do is base your "meager" fighter forces close to any objectives you want them to protect, set the INCP value and hope for the best:) Haven't progressed to the other scenarios, so I can't comment on them. For example, Operation Sea Lion may be a different story.

I'd be interested to hear some opinions from the folks who are much more knowledgable about the game than I.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Same question here.

And while we're at it...what do the small red and white boxes with a number inside them mean during the combat results display? thanks
jnpoint

Post by jnpoint »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Same question here.

And while we're at it...what do the small red and white boxes with a number inside them mean during the combat results display? thanks

the red boxes mean dead. The white..??
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

white means retreated, this shows the amount of units that had to give up their positions. in other words the white units indicate how much entrenchment was lost.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”