Interface TIP

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
wodin

Interface TIP

Post by wodin »

Make sure you have it set that you auto select a whole platoon (Icon with just one soldiers head), then all you need to worry about is clicking the platoon (top left corner icons) then press spacebar and you get all the orders you need.

To set arty\air attack find the unit that can call it in and click on it (Unit with have a little box in right hand corner of Icon). You will get the Arty\Air attack orders. Click "1" then click flag and then place where you want the arty to drop (you can then set 2 and 3) to call arty then click which ever area you want hit either 1 or 2 or 3 and then click the arty icon.

Really thats it. You have formation icons on the right which are self explanatory. Also jsut hold the cursor over it and tool tip will pop up.

Tool Tips are a godsend.
GBS

RE: Interface TIP

Post by GBS »

Download the tactical manual and read about arty. When you move the three targets the delay time and dispersion probability change depending on the observers experience, his view of the target area and the distance from the observer. I have had arty fall hundreds of yard from my target because of this. You can also create a line target by click and drag when setting the target location.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
wodin

Post by wodin »

Funny everyone is slagging of the UI. Yet I post how easy it is with the above tips and no one says anything.
mkjhartmann

Post by mkjhartmann »

Funny, I find the interface for CBNormandy much more awkward. I mean use the tooltips, experiment a little and you are there. Yes, there is a lot going on under the hood, but that's what I like about this game.

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”