why don't this work for widescreen support

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

mesquite5

why don't this work for widescreen support

Post by mesquite5 »

Not getting widescreen. Here is my shortcut for the quickstart properties. Is something wrong with it?

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -cpu4 –multiaudio –dd_sw -f -px1920 -py1200
Dan Nichols

RE: why don't this work for widescreen support

Post by Dan Nichols »

Does your monitor support 1920x1200?
What do you see when you load or start a game turn?
I think that the two obligations you have are to be good at what you do and then to pass on your knowledge to a younger person
mesquite5

Post by mesquite5 »

YEs that is the native resolution for my laptop. When the game is started it does not fill the screen. It appears as if it is just a standard width screen with blank spaces on each side. I've gone as far as loading a scenario thinking maybe it's just the menus and introduction that is that way, but it is also that way after the scenario is loaded and gameplay begins.
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

hmm, check that all the minus signs in your shortcut's switches are actual minus signs, not some other character? iirc, there was an issue where a Matrix-provided example used the wrong char, and wouldn't work right when copied directly to a shortcut field.

just looking at your post as displayed here on the forum, it looks like you've got 2 different-sized "-" chars in there. i suggest you edit your shortcut, replace all 6 minus chars w/ the minus sign from your keyboard's numpad.

i run 1920x1200 myself, so i know that AE supports that resolution.

hth.
mesquite5

Post by mesquite5 »

Ok, I tried replacing the minus signs with minus signs typed in...still doesn't work. Here is the shortcut as it is now.

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -cpu4 -multiaudio -dd_sw -f -px1920 -py1200

So, I guess there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with this and there must be something else causing the problem? It seems like this used to work, but I haven't played this in quite awhile....version is supposed the be the latest. 1.0.6.1108.9 jan 21, 2012
Reg

Post by Reg »

This is my shortcut

"C:\Program Files\Matrix Games\WITP-AE\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -d -altFont -cpu2 -dd_sw -px1920 -py1200

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
mesquite5

Post by mesquite5 »

Well, thanks....I tried your shortcut, altered to fit my game location, but still no joy. I know this should be working, but just can't figure out why it isn't. I think it was working and then I installed the beta......that must be what screwed it up for me...I'm certainly open to anybody's Ideas on how to fix this.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

The beta has its own short cut. You are editing the right short cut's properties?

Alfred
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: mesquite5

Well, thanks....I tried your shortcut, altered to fit my game location, but still no joy. I know this should be working, but just can't figure out why it isn't. I think it was working and then I installed the beta......that must be what screwed it up for me...I'm certainly open to anybody's Ideas on how to fix this.
The official patch is same level as the beta patch.

Have you applied the official patch and changed its shortcut?
Michael
mesquite5

Post by mesquite5 »

Hmm...well, I applied this to the quick start shortcut in the start menu.. I"m using that one to start the game. I reapplied the update...I think I'll uninstall and then reinstall the game...see if that works.
mesquite5

Post by mesquite5 »

Well, I uninstalled, then reinstalled the game and applied the latest patch. It still didn't work...then got to looking. Well, I found I was mistaken about my laptops resolution. It's 1920x1080. So I changed that. It still didn't work. Well, I then copied the properties line I started this topic with and changed it to 1920x1080, and it worked....I'm still not sure why though. Now I have another question. Is there a way to make the font larger? I can read it, but is work trying to see the smallish writing. Maybe it's time for glasses [:)]
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

add -altFont switch to your startup. it's easier for me to read, but ain't too much larger.
Charbroiled

Post by Charbroiled »

ORIGINAL: mesquite5

Hmm...well, I applied this to the quick start shortcut in the start menu.. I"m using that one to start the game. I reapplied the update...I think I'll uninstall and then reinstall the game...see if that works.

I think your problem is that you are trying to apply this to the launcher. When you start the game, does a small window pop up where you have to hit the "play" button? If so, then that is the launcher. When you install the game, the launcher is the default.

What you need to do is go to your WITP-AE directory and find the .exe file. Once found, copy and paste it onto your desktop as a shortcut. Now edit the shortcut with the syntex you showed above.
"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange

Return to “Tech Support”