How to gain unit experience

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

catote

How to gain unit experience

Post by catote »

Playing Poland 39. I dont understand when and how my units gain experience. Sometimes they do, sometimes not.

Here's som data (experience/kills *before battle* experience/kills *after battle)

225/72 -> 225/73 (i.e.1 kill, no experience)
225/71 -> 225/79 (8 kills, no experience)
83/17 -> 90/24 (7 kills/ 7 experience)

Would that indicate 1 exp per kill but capped at 225?

And does killing the last str point of a unit give any special bonus with regards to experience???
And is this documented in the manual???

edit:typos
Dreadgod

RE: How to gain unit experience

Post by Dreadgod »

I'm afraid you're comparing "apples to oranges" - kills and experience are not, in any way, tied together. For instance, I currently have a Strategic Bomber with over 400 experience, but not even 100 kills. Conversely, I had a panzer with hundreds of kills, but only a few hundred experience.

Experience is effectively how hard the unit fought. A hard fight, against a prepared enemy, can mean lots of experience. A Strategic Bomber inflicting massive suppression on a target, lots of experience. Kills though, can sometimes happen very easily if the target is heavily suppressed. So in short, don't try to compare the two.

In the manual, on page 23, this is what is said about Experience:
The current experience points. Experience is earned in combat and lost when a unit gets green
replacements. Every 100 points of experience gives one experience star. Each star gives the
unit various bonuses to initiative, attack and defence, making the unit more powerful and
persistent. A unit can have a maximum of 5 stars.

Notice there's no mention of kills - only combat. I hope this helps to clarify!
artofwar85

Post by artofwar85 »

So If I have a unit with stars but give it green replacements in the next scenario say when it takes damage will it also loose expierence then too [&:]
There is a Peace that is only found at the other end of War.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Yes.
How much can be seen if you have the unit selected, and hover the mouse pointer over the replacement button. A pop up will appear saying something like;
"Strength 5->10
Prestige 400 -> 200
Experience 200 ->100"

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

Return to “The War Room”