Eagle, Globe and Anchor: USMC Pacific Campaign 1942-45

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

bebro

Eagle, Globe and Anchor: USMC Pacific Campaign 1942-45

Post by bebro »

Hi,

I'm working on an USMC campaign for PzC since last winter, and will release the first full version in a couple of days.

Those who also visit Slitherine's PzC forum may have seen the first teaser version already, it included the first four scenarios playing on Guadalcanal.

Now that I'm close to release the full main campaign of 14 scenarios I thought I give the folks here a little heads-up.

Some info:

1. The download will be somewhat over 100 MB. The mod needs to be activated with GME (please see here how to install: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=27158).

2. You play the US Marine Corps, so you get to buy equipment in use with the marines. The Army is separate, and in a number of scenarios present as aux units. Your opponents are of course the air, land and naval forces of the Japanese Empire. Some smaller engagements aside naval battles play no major role, though coastal bombardment does get more important throughout the course of the campaign.

3. As said you start during Operaton Watchtower on Guadalcanal in summer 1942. Later battles include assaults on Tarawa and other Central Pacific atolls in 1943/44. In mid-1944 you get the invasions of Saipan and Guam. After some more scenarios the campaign will end with the invasion of Okinawa in 1945.

4. Overall the mod is using variable scales for unit and map sizes for different scenarios, so it is like the original game in that regard. The scenarios are meant to depict historical battles, but I don't aim to simulate everything perfectly. When in doubt I decided to give gameplay priority over accuracy.

5. Since there are lots of changes compared to the vanilla game, I included a customized version of the in-game library with additional info like campaign path, infos about unit traits and switches, upgrade families and more.

Library Example:

Sreenshot showing USMC units on Okinawa
IainMcNeil

RE: Eagle, Globe and Anchor: USMC Pacific Campaign 1942-45

Post by IainMcNeil »

Very cool :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
sonicattack

Post by sonicattack »

It looks great, can't wait to try it!!
Robert Nelson
dsawan

Post by dsawan »

nice, cant wait. Can ya show pics of jap units. Will itbe possible to be the japs as well?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: dsawan

nice, cant wait. Can ya show pics of jap units. Will itbe possible to be the japs as well?
You'll have to play the campaign on the US side.
Probably it will be release on Sunday or on Monday at most. The Japs units have the same great quality as the American.
Mortars, cave units, flame tanks, new strongpoints, etc. This mod is filled with nice touches. [:)]
bebro

Post by bebro »

The new version has been released:

Eagle, Globe and Anchor: USMC Campaign for Panzer Corps v0.9
1942-45

Description:

This version v0.9 of a historical campaign covering the USMC’s role in the Pacific War 1942-45. It’s been created under PzC 1.05, and is single-player only. It's designed and tested esp. for play in the 3rd difficulty level (here renamed Lt.Colonel), but of course you can choose whatever you prefer.

V0.9 includes now the full main campaign of 14 scenarios, lots of new units incl. custom graphics, and many sounds and anims provided by VPaulus, who did an awesome job in this regard.

Downloads:

Mar 25, 2012

GME files: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21466420 ... ux_GME_zip (ca. 140MB)
Scenario files: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21466424 ... mpaign_zip (only ca. 200KB)

Alternative Downloads:

- switched colors for unit str plates: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21188173/USMC_altgfx.zip
- red colors for Japanese unit str plates (thanks Wino): http://wino.babilon24.org/pics/strplates.png

These are optional in case you don't like the str plates coming with this mod. Copy one the alternative file you like to the "..Graphics\Overlays" folder of this mod to use it.

Installation:

This release is not compatible to the first release version (v0.5). If you have this version installed it is strongly recommended to install the new version separately, not just "over" the older version. V 0.5 is not supported anymore and can be removed.

This campaign needs GME. If you never used it, please see here how to download and set it up:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27158

There is now a split installation needed for this mod

Basically the GME files belong into GME's MODS folder, which is usually in the main folder of your Panzer Corps installation, unless you specified another location. The scenario files belong into your ../My Games folder under Panzer Corps/mods/

Instead of a long explanation, the following pic should illustrate the correct locations:

To play, activate the USMC mod via GME. If you use a localized version of PzC it is best to switch to the English language to play. Start the campaign via PzC’s main menu > new game > more campaigns > select the USMC campaign.

Infos about changes, unit traits, campain path, special features, credits and more are available in the customized in-game library, and I highly recommend to consult it to understand key concepts, fundamental changes etc., etc.. :)

Previews

Credits and Thanks:

I want to thank esp. nikivdd, El_Condoro, and VPaulus for all the help regarding PzC modding or the editor.

The custom graphics for the 'shallow sea' terrain were made with the help of rezaf. I also use one of the Opel units from rezaf's and flak's unit skin mod as Japanese truck. Graphics for medals and the data files for awrds are made by El_Condoro. As noted, VPaulus has also done a terrific job in adapting his Real Sound Mod for use with the USMC campaign. I also use US medals made by El_Condoro.

Furthermore I also want to give credit to a 3d creator named robotnik for providing a the basic 3d model of the US M3 AT gun, and to Radoye from JP’s who helped me getting Japanese terms right.

I hope the procedure to install is clear; if not, just askl. Unfortunately the whole GME handling is a tad annoying IMO, but needed to make this work.

I added some more previews, showing also some Japanese units this time. For the other questions it is like VPaulus said, so this is only playable as USMC.
bebro

Post by bebro »

There is now a small hotfix available:

**offline, since outdated (please see below for new version)

Fixes some minor problems. The hotfix has only replacements for the strings and equipment files.

To install, please deactivate the mod under GME , then replace the older files in your data folder of the mod's GME installation with these new files. Activate with GME again to play afterwards.

Normally I'd recommend people to start a new campaign, but this is not a critical update, so you can as well just continue with a campaign in progress if you don't want to restart.
bebro

Post by bebro »

Turns out the hotfix v0.91 had some problems itself, nothing serious, but needed correction still.

So here's the corrected hotfix 0.92:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21577677 ... _v0_92.zip

There shouldn't be any serious issues with the earlier fix, but it had some names wrong (mainly for terrain) which might be confusing. It has been taken down now, all recent fixes are in 0.92 now, (hopefully without adding further errors).

It also has a small library update.

All files belong into the USMC GME installation, strings and eqp under ../data, the two library files of course under ../library

bebro

Post by bebro »

Just a little info for those not active on Slitherine's forum:

I have begun to work on a Japanese campaign based on the USMC mod. It is still a long way to go, and I'll also see what Africa Korps adds for modders, so this mod will not be out before AK but I thought some would be interested to hear about this. If possible I'll integrate both the USMC and the IJA campaign into one mod.

For the IJA campaign there will be some what-if scenarios included that give for example the option to invade Australia and influence the course of the war in Japan's favour. Of course it's a stretch, but may be fun nonetheless.

More info later :)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”