Have Serial Number, But not the File

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

bdiamond

Have Serial Number, But not the File

Post by bdiamond »

Folks,

My apologies if this is not the right place for this question. I have a registered copy of WitE and a serial number, but can no longer find the files to re-install on my laptop.

I opened a case with Matrix support, but have not recieved a response yet. I'm a pilot for FEDEX, and have a nice long layover in Anchorage coming up, and want to play this game while trying to stay warm up here!

Does anyone know of a link to the download site? I can't seem to find my purchase info, but believe I bought the game in September of 2011. (The date I registered the serial number was 18, September, 2011)

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
henri51

RE: Have Serial Number, But not the File

Post by henri51 »

You will have to get a download link from Matrix. I had the same problem when I wanted to reinstall the game on my new computer and was unable to find a download although the members area clearly shows my registered game and serial number. Fortunately for me I eventually found the boxed DVD that I had bought and forgotten, so I could reinstall the game.

This is the one thing I don't like about Matrix. I have over 20 of their games, but only can download 3 or 4 from Plimus (recent games) or Digital River (older games). Other sites like Steam, Gamers gate and others allow me to download every game I have bought no matter how long ago, and they are right there as soon as I enter the site.Considering that I get a new computer at least every two years and that I have computers at two different locations, it is imperative for me to have access to all the games I paid for all the time.

So what I usually do with Matrix games is to either buy both the boxed and the download version as I did with WITE or put the download on a DVD with the serial number written on it (but sometimes I forget or misplace the DVD).

Having said this, I have found Matrixgames to be fairly understanding and willing to give a download connection when I have requested it.

Henri
bdiamond

Post by bdiamond »

Henri,

Thank you for your reply, I shall wait for Matrix to respond to my help ticket.

Cheers,
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Moving this to tech support.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
bdiamond

Post by bdiamond »

Thanks, sorry for posting in the wrong forum... Now if Matrix would just get back to me and respond to my help desk ticket! :)
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

The best and fastest way is to write an e-mail to Erik Rutins!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Erik Rutins <erikr@matrixgames.com>

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: PC4CAB

Folks,

My apologies if this is not the right place for this question. I have a registered copy of WitE and a serial number, but can no longer find the files to re-install on my laptop.

I opened a case with Matrix support, but have not recieved a response yet. I'm a pilot for FEDEX, and have a nice long layover in Anchorage coming up, and want to play this game while trying to stay warm up here!

Does anyone know of a link to the download site? I can't seem to find my purchase info, but believe I bought the game in September of 2011. (The date I registered the serial number was 18, September, 2011)

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

If you go to the memebers area, making sure you log in as your Member ID (may be different than your forum ID).

Click on the "My Games" link in the right hand column

You should see a list of your registered games on the left.

Find the game. Click on the "Registered" link to see the files. You may be able to find the file there, or, as others have said, it might not be there. But you can give that a try.

rick
bdiamond

Post by bdiamond »

Thanks folks,

I was able to get the download reset, and have been playing Road to Lenningrad for practice.

Amazing game for sure....

Return to “Tech Support”