Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too!

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

perkinh

RE: With the Wren Detachment

Post by perkinh »

ORIGINAL: khyberbill
water is leaking
Don't sweat the leaks. Worry about the floods.

Reminds me of my first flight on a CH53E...I was sitting near the hatsch watching the fluid drip onto the deck. I got the Crew chiefs attention and pointed. He smiled , gave me the thumbs up and said, " Good, tell me if it stop, because then we are out of transmission fluid". True story, and i watched it the whole trip.
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine.... is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine
Moondawggie

Post by Moondawggie »

ORIGINAL: khyberbill
water is leaking
Don't sweat the leaks. Worry about the floods.

I think it goes "Don't sweat the leaks; worry about the floods, but most of all, pray for the pumps!"
"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Bugger me- only just saved this AAR from falling to page 2.

Has Capt Mandrake succumed to domestic violence following the departure of the Mayan?
Will Stalker girl junior ever be able to find her own socks?
And has Frau Brown left surburbia or is she lurking behind the shrubbery waiting to pounce?
Stay tuned and find out after this short break.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

So far, domestic violence has been narrowly averted, though I think Stalker Girl Jr. is NOT happy with my apportionment of blame to her. This has troubled me greatly...but now I am over it.[:)]

The good news is the water bill went down to $80 from $550 after I hired the nice Nigerian plumber to reapir the water line. I think he was nice because I paid them $1500. I could have sworn his assistant was Apolo Ohno the speed skater. I guess the endorsements weren't rolling in. The Nigerian boss and Apolo found the leak with a fancy sound detector. Amazingly, it was right under where the water was coming up. Then the Nigerian and Apolo left and they left the big white guy to dig the ditch. [:D]

Frau Braun has left me alone other than a note about my trash cans. I think they have been picking on Mr. Chang across the street. He has had some boys from Morelia over there every other day for two weeks. They hauled out about 2 cubic miles of dead wood and clippings. I now see how JJ was able to repair the field at PH so fast. Ironically, it now looks worse with bare dirt on the hillside. Frau Braun will NOT be happy.

Also, at work, someone decided to run against me for President. She came to me and asked "permission" which was a subtle way of asking me to to withdraw. I don't know what to do. If it gets ugly and she finds The Mayan my goose is cooked.
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

Rah Roh! I sure hope Gloria Alred does not read this forum or you are in very deep trouble .. I can see the press conference now .. a tearful Mayan explaining how she was abused by the Stalker girl .. this is not a good turn of events ...I might seek an interview with Greta and get ahead of this ...
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

*****************Dce 9, 1942(c)***************

Dobo: The PT flotilla from the previous fight went back as they still had torps. JJ brought more transport taffys.

Night Time Surface Combat, near Dobo at 83,116, Range 2,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
PC Sumire
E Kiku
DMS W-5, Shell hits 3
DMS W-6, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DMS W-7, Shell hits 3
PB Fuji Maru, Shell hits 1
PB Keinan Maru, Shell hits 1, heavy damage
PB Aso Maru #3
SC Ch 12
xAK Yamasimo Maru, Shell hits 1
xAK Azuma Maru
xAK Hakkai Maru
xAK Hokuroku Maru
xAK Tokyo Maru
xAK Nako Maru
xAK Tenryu Maru
xAK Asuka Maru
xAK Erie Maru
xAK Yamayuri Maru, Shell hits 1
xAK Seizan Maru
xAK Hokuriku Maru
xAP Miike Maru
xAP Buenos Aires Maru
xAP Montevideo Maru
xAK Tenshinsan Maru, Shell hits 2

Allied Ships
PT-21
PT-28
PT-115, Shell hits 1
PT-118, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
PT-150, Shell hits 2
PT-166
PT-173, Shell hits 1, on fire

Task forces break off... [:)]

Allies subs were very aggressive around Dobo but did no damage. These boys showed up at Dobo and now rule the roost.

CA Aoba
CA Myoko
CA Chokai
DD Oboro
DD Samidare
DD Karukaya
DD Hatakaze

These are the same ships that were engaged off PH. I think JJ has given up there.

A single AK was damaged by the B-25's from Merauke. B-17's from Horn staged an effective raid on groudn troops at Dobo.

JJ managed to get most of their troops ashore and it may be a formidable force after all. The jumpmster finally managed to push the 503rd command element out of the C-47.

Ground combat at Dobo (83,116)

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 1065 troops, 3 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 114

Defending force 8005 troops, 56 guns, 37 vehicles, Assault Value = 229

Japanese ground losses:
11 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
503rd Parachute Regiment
21st Marine Rgt /4
F Det USN Port Svc /1
1st USN Naval Construction Battalion
3rd USN SeaBees /2

Defending units:
67th Infantry Group
16th Division
2nd Raiding Regiment
17th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Also, at work, someone decided to run against me for President. She came to me and asked "permission" which was a subtle way of asking me to to withdraw. I don't know what to do. If it gets ugly and she finds The Mayan my goose is cooked.

Suggest to her that she allow you some personal consideration, after which you will withdraw.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Suggest to her that she allow you some personal consideration, after which you will withdraw.

[X(]

Dood;

Are you TRYING to get me in trouble? At least Rick Santorum would approve of your method.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Port Hedrand: JJ sent in a suicidal DMS to disrupt our supply offloading.

Day Time Surface Combat, near Port Hedland at 57,129, Range 14,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DMS Taneko, Shell hits 26, and is sunk

Allied Ships
DD Hull
DD Dale
DD Arunta
DD Isaac Sweers
DD Jupiter
DD Napier

They succeeded in comitting sepuku

Waves of Allied bombers from all 4 airfields went after PH today with good effect. The Beauforts are now flying from Exmouth, including a squadron of 18 torpedo-capable RAAF Beauforts.

Jap Netties went after the DD group and and AK's at PH but were chopped up pretty badly by the Wildcats and P-38's flying LRCAP. 2 AK's were hit with torps.

No Jap ground attack there.
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

Its just me, but I'd tell her to run with me or run away, if shes a dame I'd tell her to go run for some Hendricks and we'll talk about it.
This has to be the longest battle for PH in AE history, what in the hay is so valuable there?
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

Its just me, but I'd tell her to run with me or run away, if shes a dame I'd tell her to go run for some Hendricks and we'll talk about it.
This has to be the longest battle for PH in AE history, what in the hay is so valuable there?
It keeps Japanese attention tied to that place while the pincers move in from left and right. And, it has drawn him into a war of attrition that he cannot afford in the long run. At this stage of the game the Allies have just completed major upgrades to their carriers and BBs and are bringing them back to close the deal.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Moondawggie

Post by Moondawggie »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Naaah; I disagree. Take a more aggressive stance in your own defense.

Have Stalker Junior innocently "friend" the other candidate on Facebook. Gather up all of the incriminating photos that were casually (and foolishly) posted online back when she wasn't thinking about becoming a public figure. You know---the typical amateur lingerie shots, the late night drunken photos from bars in Cancun at 2 AM on spring break, and those now-embarassing pics from when she was younger and "investigating" her sexual preferences with some fellow teammates on the Radcliffe Field Hockey team.

Then, when she gets up on stage with Gloria Allred and the Mayan and they all begin to denounce you, let loose with a powerpoint presentation of those pics! [:)]

The beautiful thing about this technique is that it doesn't require paying off PIs to get this information; it's totally free on the internet and completely aboveboard.

Game, set, and match to El Presidente Mandrake...

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

removed:
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

OK, the race is on. The election is on. If I lose I can try for Dear Leader instead.

Some of you chaps would make Machiaveli blush and I'm sure at least one is from Chicago.

Now, what to do with Dobo to keep it alive till the end of December. Most likely this will involve air resupply and aerial bombardment of the LYB's ashore. We might also be able to get troops ashore by APD at Taberfane next door as an escape route.

We could also send up Indiana and Washington but I think it best to keep a lower profile until the Darwin landing.
sprior

Post by sprior »

Well, we've already started up the track to Katherine so I hope the Darwin Op is kicking off soon!
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Marine and US Army (technically, USN too) defenders of Dobo. Suppries are an issue. Airfield construction will have to be stopped.

Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (35.16 KiB) Viewed 59 times
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: sprior

Well, we've already started up the track to Katherine so I hope the Darwin Op is kicking off soon!

USMC is ready. I think we would want the two Aussie div to be at 50% so the earliest we could land is 12-18. If we wait for the Aussie eng Bn and some Arty it would be 12-21.

Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (87.98 KiB) Viewed 59 times
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

The boys at Melbourne. It seems the armor won't be completely ready but we can just accept the disruption. A USMC combat engineer Bn is ready so we could go with Dec 18-19 as D-Day

Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (74.71 KiB) Viewed 59 times
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Then there is the geography. 78 hexes from Melbourne to Darwin. Even a 16 kt amphib group might take 14 d.

2 days to load....that takes us to Christmas Eve. [:)] Looks like the Melbourne forces should start loading this turn and the Syndey group in 2 or 3 days. I will also need to start moving the B-24's to Alice now.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Situation near Dobo.

Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (106.46 KiB) Viewed 59 times

Return to “After Action Reports”