Modding halftracks

Based on Atomic Games’ award-winning Close Combat series, Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein brings together the classic top-down tactical gameplay from the original series and plenty of new features, expansions, and improvements! The Wacht am Rhein remake comes with a brand new Grand Campaign including a new strategic map with 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical maps, over 70 scenarios, tons of new interface and unit graphics, countless engine improvements, and much more!
heckler

Modding halftracks

Post by heckler »

I'm trying to make halftracks replicate mounted squads (understanding fully that troops rarely fought mounted, but I want them to be more than just a mobile mg) and I've had mixed results...

I got the bazooka and a grenade launcher to work just fine.

I added 2 carbines (and the guys to fire them), but they do not get manned. The two crew act as assistants for the mg's (and bazooka perhaps). Sometimes the driver shows up as using the carbine-and in one test actually fired it. Any thoughts?

Any ideas on having the survivors of a wrecking being more useable? Coding them as infantry didn't seem to help their responsiveness, though it didn't adversely effect the vehicle performance...would it be dependant on getting the leader out alive?

Any and all ideas welcome!
CSO_Talorgan

RE: Modding halftracks

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

ORIGINAL: heckler

Any ideas on having the survivors of a wrecking being more useable? Coding them as infantry didn't seem to help their responsiveness, though it didn't adversely effect the vehicle performance...would it be dependant on getting the leader out alive?

When you say "wrecking" do you mean the vehicle being knocked out? Assuming that you are, I believe the solution to this one is to classify the vehicle as "command". Then the bailed out crew remain responsive to command after escaping from the blazing wreckage.
ORIGINAL: heckler

I'm trying to make halftracks replicate mounted squads (understanding fully that troops rarely fought mounted, but I want them to be more than just a mobile mg) and I've had mixed results...

I got the bazooka and a grenade launcher to work just fine.

I added 2 carbines (and the guys to fire them), but they do not get manned. The two crew act as assistants for the mg's (and bazooka perhaps). Sometimes the driver shows up as using the carbine-and in one test actually fired it. Any thoughts?

This time I'm guessing. Have you tried increasing the extra crew members above two? If the vanilla vehicle has an inherent need for assistants then saturating this need might result in further additions acting as you intend.

Failing that there is always CCMT which handles vehicles and their crews quite differently.

Hope this helps.
heckler

RE: Modding halftracks

Post by heckler »

'Command' classification did the trick! Thank you so much for the solution!! Hope to have time to work the other ideas yet this week...

Return to “Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein”