next patch??

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Johnlax

next patch??

Post by Johnlax »

Hi guys is there a estimate as to when the next patch will be out for this game? Its seems as if this one is "one patch way" from being the best campaign game on the PC for the period
ericbabe

RE: next patch??

Post by ericbabe »

Thank you for the kind words.  The patch is in testing still.  There are one or two areas of concern, and unfortunately I haven't had any time to address these.  The schedule is really contingent on our current projects, so I can't make any declarations as to schedule.

konigsberger

Post by konigsberger »

Hi, me too I' waiting for something new. The game is the best game about Napoleonic period I've every had: strategical, tactical, political, etc... but..[;)]:
1-It's very difficult to mod, so I'm not able to do this and I can't find many new scenarios
2-There are a lot of scenarios in the original, but after two years I've played and re-played them many times. It would be nice if with the new patch there will be some new scenarios or an editor/modding tool
3-When you think the new patch will be ready?
I was thinking the game was discontinued after 2 years, dead...
[:(]

Thank you for your attention

Konigsberger
evwalt

Post by evwalt »

Somewhere on here is the Modders guide.  I used it to create relatively quickly the Danish "all generals" mod. 
Russia in "Going Again II"
France in "Quest for Glory"
Prussia in "Invitational"
konigsberger

Post by konigsberger »

Hi evwalt,

yes, I know. But it' s a very huge work! It takes a lot of time. Scenario files are correlated and it's very difficult. With an editor all things could be done well and faster. I've tried to do a 1809 scenario but it was a terrible task: new Austrian army, French Army in Bavaria, British and Spanish in Portugal and Spain, with many territorial changes expecially in Peninsula!

Best regard

Konigsberger

Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Konigsberger,
No, the game isn't dead, but unfortunately has had to be put on the back-burner as we work to finish other games, one of which has a contractual deadline. We do want to get the patch out there, but I've long since learned not to make specific predictions.

I don't remember there being new scenarios in the patch, so this is probably something for modders to do. (I think we got most of the obvious starting points for scenarios, but no doubt there are others worth doing.)

Unfortunately, an editor/modding tool is not something we can add to the patch, simply because it would require a good deal of work, and this would come at the expense of other work on this patch as well as other projects. If there were a much larger modding community it might make sense, but sadly there don't seem to be enough people who would take advantage to make this an obvious thing for us to do.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
konigsberger

Post by konigsberger »

Hi Gil R.,

thank you for your answer! Now I'm sure the game ins't dead[:)]! I've the documentation for 1809 scenario ready. I'm waiting for the patch, then I'll try to redo it. I hope your patch will be ... a Christmas gift[;)]...!

Tank you again

Konigsberger
bush

Post by bush »

Gil,

I'm sure you guys are probably trying to get other games ready for Christmas, but any idea how long after that we may see progress on this front?
WallysWorld

Post by WallysWorld »

Yes, an update please. I'm waiting for the patch before I start another campaign.
Murat

Post by Murat »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Konigsberger,
No, the game isn't dead, but unfortunately has had to be put on the back-burner as we work to finish other games, one of which has a contractual deadline. We do want to get the patch out there, but I've long since learned not to make specific predictions.

I don't remember there being new scenarios in the patch, so this is probably something for modders to do. (I think we got most of the obvious starting points for scenarios, but no doubt there are others worth doing.)

Unfortunately, an editor/modding tool is not something we can add to the patch, simply because it would require a good deal of work, and this would come at the expense of other work on this patch as well as other projects. If there were a much larger modding community it might make sense, but sadly there don't seem to be enough people who would take advantage to make this an obvious thing for us to do.

I am going to use my gamer translation skills and let you know that this means a patch for sure on November 1, 2011! I know this because I have a date in mind that I want to have the patch ready at, and the developers did not contradict that date so it is the date! [:D]
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

There continues to be another game that is so programming-intensive that it sucks up all time for our other projects, including this one. So, sadly, Nov. 1 proved impossible. I think we can probably make Nov. 1, 2012, though...
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
bush

Post by bush »

$ more months have ticked by. Are we any closer?
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

No progress can be made until "Conflict of Heroes" is out that door. That sucker has, er, sucked up 98% of all programming time over the past year or so, and its development time has expanded far more than was anticipated.
gottagofish

Post by gottagofish »

I'll tell you who'll be a hero, it will be the one that gets this good game fixed to make it a great game[;)]
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

Any chance we'll see historical uniforms for each nation?

That would be a 'nice to have'...

How about a more effective end of battle condition. The battles sometimes drag on forever, even when there is a clear winner.
This seems like a 'must have'.

Thanks!

G
GMoney
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Producing unit "sprites" is far more time-intensive for our graphics person (and thus more expensive) than one might think, so it's unlikely at this point. For COG:EE we made the decision to focus our graphics budget on the new naval battles feature, but this was at the expense of other areas we might have beefed up.

I don't know whether the battle conditions were dealt with already in the unreleased patch, but will pass this comment along.

Thanks for your feedback!
pistolero

Post by pistolero »

Hi! I have some questions about the future of Crown of Glory:
1. The next patch of Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition is still planned? Does it come out soon?
2. A sequel of Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition it is planned?
3. Where can I buy or get the original Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon? I want to get it because it seems more complete for multiplayer ("Full Multiplayer Support via internet, LAN, serial/parallel connection or hotseat" on the Matrix Games description sheet).

Thanks for advance!
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Pistolero,
For the issue of the patch, if you haven't seen it yet check EricBabe's 6/20 post here: tm.asp?m=3017606

No sequel to COG:EE is currently planned.

I doubt Matrix even sells original COG, but it would be a mistake to buy that, in that it is no longer supported. COG:EE does have the same multiplayer networked option as COG, but we do not support it because a small number of customers have systems that are incompatible, and there is nothing we can do about it. (As explained elsewhere in the forum, it's a problem with some Microsoft code that never got fixed, and our TCP/IP runs that code.)
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

A clarification: COG:EE's networked gaming feature works as well as COG's, it's just that some people can't get it to work at all. So we don't support it, but the odds are it will work for you. But if it doesn't, then COG wouldn't have worked any better. It's just that rotten Microsoft code library that they didn't bother fixing.
solops

Post by solops »

So, did this patch ever come out? I got the game during the 50% off sale for $20, which is at the high end of what I would pay for a game this old, especially since there seems to have been no patch since release. Some of these older games suffer from high prices and lack of apparent support when they were released, making it a hard sell so many years later.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”