Planned versions?

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Keunert

Planned versions?

Post by Keunert »

are there any plans to release this title on mac os?

i am a mac owner with parallels. some of my matrix games and slitherine titles were ported to mac after i bought them for pc. thats an annoyance as i rather play them on the native os.

Erik Rutins

RE: Planned versions?

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Keunert,

Not in the near future, but it is possible. If the PC title does well we would like to move it to other platforms (including iOS) in the future if we think the market is there. Realistically speaking, if everything went perfectly you'd be looking at at least a year or two before releases for those other platforms were available and we have no firm plans to do those now. It will depend on how things go with the PC release. I guess that equates to a "maybe".

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Erik:
If the initial release does well, are there plans to release Storms of Steel and Price of Honor? [:)]
I support the right to arm bears!
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

thank you for the answer Erik
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, work on the first expansion is already underway. [8D]
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Yipee![:)]
I support the right to arm bears!
general_solomon

Post by general_solomon »

ok guys as much as i am happy that your all working on more titles for this game, lets not forget panzer command.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

WCS has nothing to do with Panzer Command, which means that work on the COH expansion will have zero impact on PC, with the one possible exception being if both are completed at the same time, and then the Matrix/Slitherine people have to do quality control, box art, p.r., etc. etc. for both. But my guess is that you would find that a good problem for Matrix/Slitherine to have.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: general_solomon

ok guys as much as i am happy that your all working on more titles for this game, lets not forget panzer command.

Going purely by forum traffic I imagine PC will eventually be dropped to be honest. I was hoping we would see a new game with a new engine. However I can't see this happening anymore. The game just doesn't seem to have a big following.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: general_solomon

I can't speak for Matrix, but I can say that the Dev team isn't forgetting PCO, and we're glad you haven't either. Matrix just released a beta patch last week that we've been tweaking for a while now and since that release, the Dev team has been busy working on some other items for PCO.

Of course, several of us are looking forward to seeing CoH too. From what I've seen here so far, it really looks like the kind of game I'll enjoy playing.

thenks
Rick

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”