ASW range

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

goatan

ASW range

Post by goatan »

Using the tracker I have just noticed that when set to ASW the range that to planes patrol seems to be about half what they would do on Naval search. Is this correct or am I misunderstanding something.
eloso

RE: ASW range

Post by eloso »

Yes, it is correct, and it is how it works.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

OSO is correct. The relevant comments in the manual are found on page 151.

Alfred
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

hi Alfred, recently you posted to a thread about search-radius, saying that the manual was correct in stating that an airgroup set to NavSearch/ASWpatrol would always search 360-degrees & 4 hexes out from its location. are you certain that this is true, or would the auto-search be restricted to half of that range when assigned to ASWpatrol?

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

I've been trying to find a recent post from michaelm re the 4 hex range but have failed to retrieve it (not possible I could be mistaken agreed[:'(]). Instead there is this old post from Treespider from 2009

tm.asp?m=2292012&mpage=1&key=search%2Cradius&#2292526

plenty of other posts from others on the 4 hex auto search but alas none of them are devs although they do make references to unsourced devs.

As to whether ASW would be halved to only 2 hexes auto, that I have no idea. I can't recall ever reading any posts about the auto search being halved for ASW mission but that doesn't mean it isn't so halved.

Alfred
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

thx Alfred. i've been trying to get some info on this issue from my game, but since i'm testing w/ ship-based FPs, often prevented from flying by weather, i just haven't been able to get a handle on it yet.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”