issues producing F6Fs?

Pacific War is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
artuitus_slith

issues producing F6Fs?

Post by artuitus_slith »

I can figure out how to make F6F's or F4u4 in 3.2. They are available on new carriers but i can change a factory over to make them. Had a similar issue in original Pacwar with the Helldiver, but i can make Helldivers not just not the advanced carrier fighters. Im sure when some one tells me how to do it ill feel like an ass, but at least ill be an ass with hellcats on the deck intsead of fm2s :)
Capt. Harlock

RE: issues producing F6Fs?

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Bad news: in PacWar 3.2, aircraft appear in squadrons before they are available for regular production. (The rationale is that a batch of prototypes are assembled before the factories gear up to produce large quantities.) The F6F Hellcats cannot be produced by factories before late July 1943. The F4U-4's are even worse: you must wait until mid-September 1944.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
bradk

Post by bradk »

IJN has even a worse problem, a CVE or CVL that comes with a torpedo bomber that can't be produced for close to a year and can't be changed.

Anyway, back to Allies, this is obviously an error. However, the answer results in a question, because the carrier activation date isn't always the same in different scenarios. The carrier activation date, the aircraft it has, and the production availability of the aircraft should all match.

The prototype explanation has been around for a decade, but I don't buy it. Equipping airgroups with aircraft not availble for production functiaonlly makes that airgroup unavailable for combat. If an airgroup isn't supposed to be available for combat, well, then, the game shouldn't activate it!

I got rid of the uncooridnated airgroup activation/factory activation in my revised scenarios.
bradk

Post by bradk »

I recently discovered that the Essex class carrier activation dates are not the same in all scenarios. However, in all I've checked, the F6F availability date is the same.
Ranger-75

Post by Ranger-75 »

Those factory dates are about a year off or more.

Fortunately, these things can be fixed with pacwared.xls.

Both the Hellcat and Corsair went into production in the fall of 1942 with the first operational squadrons equipped before the end of the year folks... Heck the prototypes were flying in June 42 for the Hellcat and in 1940 for the Corsair.

No wonder there are stories of the Japanese capturing the entire map.
Still playing PacWar (but no so much anymore)...

Return to “Pacific War: The Matrix Edition”