Ivorian Civil War-( Cote D'Ivoire)

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

lion_of_judah

Ivorian Civil War-( Cote D'Ivoire)

Post by lion_of_judah »

I have always wanted to attempt a mod on the Ivorian Civil war " Cote D'Ivoire" the scenario will have Cote D'Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, border areas of the following countries " Mali, Burkina Faso, Guinea and Sierra Leone. Each hex will be 15 Miles.

New units are " Air-Mobile infantry". The SMG units are now Marine units. A unit of 20 Infantry = 4000 man Brigade, an Infantry Battalion will have 4 infantry, 1 machine gun, 1 mortar and 1 RPG ( Bazooka). 1 machine gun = 1 machine gun squad, 1 mortar = 1 mortar squad and 1 RPG = 1 RPG squad, 1 Infantry = 200men, 1 plane = 1 aircraft and 1 ship = 1 ship. Everything, map, units are finished. Towns produce only resources, supply, political points and Reserve Infantry nothing else. Cities will produce all the above plus Regular Infantry, machine guns, mortars, RPG's and Transport- (trucks & horses). Artillery,vehicles & aircraft can only be produced via ports, which will signify military aid. I have to do this, since I'm terrible at programming and so cannot program events. I haven't decided yet on whether or not to allow engineers to build factories yet, or towns political points, so for now they are staying but may change. Will provide screenshots soon, and even a AAR playtest screenshot.....
lion_of_judah

RE: Ivorian Civil War-( Cote D'Ivoire)

Post by lion_of_judah »

one other thing this will be for now human on human, and an Infantry Brigade will look something like this.

20 infantry =4000 men
4 machine gun squads
3 mortar squads
1 RPG Squad ( some not all) since not all infantry Brigades will have this anti-tank capability, but all infantry Battalions will.

Tank Battalion

6 tanks = 60 tanks
3 armoured cars = 30 armored cars
1 or 2 infantry
1 machine gun squad
4 Armoured personal vehicles.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

screen shot 1

Situation as of September 19th 2002.

Orange - Cote D'Ivoire ( Government)
Official Government Forces: The National Army also known as " FANCI"

Dark Orange - North Cote D'Ivoire ( Rebel forces)
Known as " FN " Forces Nouvelles

Light Blue - France currently allied with the current Government.

Attachments
September19th2002.jpg
September19th2002.jpg (270.92 KiB) Viewed 132 times
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Screen shot 2

this shows the current placement of some of the FN Infantry Bltn's ( anti-Government). The flag for North Cote D'Ivoire is one which I made up since i could not find a flag for them. Majority of the flag is dark green with the lower right corner showing the colors of the current Ivorian flag.

Attachments
FNInfantr..lacement.jpg
FNInfantr..lacement.jpg (299.14 KiB) Viewed 132 times
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

I'm leaning toward taking political points away from towns and cities and just allowing the capital to produce these, but keep reserve infantry and supply with towns. Also considering making politcal points cost more for producing combat units. Right now it costs 10 PP to make an HQ. 2 PP to make a combat unit. the new cost would be for HQ, 20 PP and combat units 5 PP. This way the regime would have decide on whether or not to create new units or upgrade the quality of his army more so than it is now. I'm able to upgrade too quickly in my opinion and nations such as this would not be able to do so without losing somewhere else. I haven't gotten to this yet but it will only be possible for regimes to get their oil from ports no towns or cities not even capitals will be able to produce oil.

Play testing, I' am now in January 2003 and Government forces have already upgraded their machine gun and mortar squads to level 2. For these two types of upgrades each African nation is only able to upgrade to level 2 no further. Their infantry can upgrade to level 3, but no further. Right now the infantry units are still at level 1 as is their Staff. Staff also cannot upgrade past level 3.

I have replaced the infantry gun with the recoiless rifle and will allow the regimes to upgrade to level 2 but will take away the artillery range for those. Second thing i'm thinking about doing is giving the FN ( North Cote'D Ivorie) forces an armoured car regiment. Thinking goes that since government troops are apart of this rebellion they could have had some armoured cars, question now is does this sound reasonable or nada.

Burkino Faso while no one can declare war on them, they are allied with the FN and are human controlled. Their capacity to do much of anything other than provide a safe haven for the FN is pretty much, not much of anything. They can produce reserve infantry, and some recoiless rifles but nothing else. I have done this, since from what I have read the Government of Burkino Faso supported the FN with men and some arms.

Liberia: This nation will be active as well since they supported the FN with men, as mercenaires. This nation does have a army but is currently rebuilding so their OOB is 2 Infantry Bltn's, nothing more. There isn't going too be much though to worry about since Cote D'Ivorie will have their hands full in a civil war, the Guiena is not active. I'm actually thinking about doing the same thing with them as I did with Burkina Faso, but that would mean creating another regime for the Liberian rebels. both Liberia and Ghana are active players so this will be interesting where I take it.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

we'll i have changed the cost of PP points for Combat units to 10 and HQ to 20 for the simple fact that i was having too many units. i changed this and playtested and it seems too work better, but i'm still building PP points rather quickly. So now only Capitals can produce PP points, towns will only be able to produce reserve infantry and supply nothing more, not even resources, that is what the mines are for. Cities will still produce infantry type units of all kinds but nothing else. Only Capitals will be able to produce all things but vehicles and aircraft. Now I think if this works like I want it to, Capitals will produce PP, and a choice on what other types of Infantry SFT's you need which will lead I'm hoping to shortages. What I'm going to try first is have the capitals produce PP, Machineguns and Mortars and have the cities produce infantry and reserve infantry. For a nation like Liberia though this will cause their production in quality infantry too be really low and so they may have to go with just reserve infantry inorder that they have enough machine guns, mortars and RPG's.

I think I'm going to increase the cost of engineers building factories if this can be done. Gun factory - now will cost 90 PP, tank factories will cost 125-150 PP, aircraft factories 200 PP. Burkina Faso will now have a mercenary base there to support the FN ( North Cote D'Ivorie forces) i did add a armoured car regiment to the FN forces and this worked out well. gave them a finate amount of oil since only a port can produce oil they have to use this unit very sparingly, but it worked rather good. I will post some screenshots in the AAR later today after I have made these changes.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

I have made the changes in cost for building factories now, 90 for gun factory, 125 for tank factory, 200 for aircraft factory and 500 for shipbuilding. figured this would make it rather hard for a regime to build any of these with the possible excepton of the gun factory. Now each regime will have to choose between mobilizing combat units or building factories or even upgrading their units. Theory, to do this would take away from creating enough units to stop the rebel advance. The rebels (FN) on the other hand created a mercenary base inside Burkino Faso and those units will then be sent to the FN and provide more infantry support. I have had to make the research building possible to build though so as to give the FN a fighting chance. Also had to increase their initial PP points to 150 so they could build this research building and still have enough units to make and make this somewhat playable. If anyone has any idea's on how to do this for the FN regime instead of what I have done, would sure like some input, but as of now this is the only way i know of doing this. Creating combat units still cost 10PP and HQ's 20PP.

Haven't had time to post any AAR screenshots since by doing this, this has taken my free time and so will have to start the playtest over.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

what i would like to do is have an event where say April 3rd 2003 both Code D'Ivorie or North Cote D'Ivorie have a action card which allows them to ask for a cease-fire one time only. I'm hoping someone will show me how to do this and since I suck when it comes to programming I will need some major help, but will do the event myself. Thanks
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

I don't know if this is a bug or just have too many helicopters. I have made a helicopter unit for this and it has the same fuel usage as the transport plane, so did not change anything there. My question is this, the Ghana regime has 11 helicopters, i transported a engineer brigade to an airfield along the border with Burkino Faso and it did not use a lot of fuel. I then transported an infantry brigade into the liberated part of Cote D' Ivorie into a Ivorian town and afterwards all my oil was gone. Ghana had over 20,000 fuel points and now they have zero. Is this because I transported into another countries town and not an airfield or too many helicopters, will someone please explain this... Thanks
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Have finished this scenario and will post version 1.0 hopefully this week. For now I have decided to go with the Helicopters i have for the time being, in later versions the helicopters will be updated. Now they are only able to paradrop anywhere on the hex within range of course and transport units to airbases.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

I plan on releasing this scenario this weekend. The file is large and so in order to try and reduce the size will only use the images for each SFT and regime flags into their own folder. Hopefully this will reduce the size of the file, as it stands now the size is a little over 10 MB. this is due to the " Africa Image folder" being as large as it is.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

We'll trying to upload the scneario but keep getting a " SQL" error which prevents me from doing so. If there are any suggestions out there for me what I'm doing wrong, would appreciate it. Thanks
kvob

Post by kvob »

I thought this might help you.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.85).aspx

It's a list of SQL errors and what they mean.

I hope you resolve this issue because I think you have picked some interesting scenario subjects and I'm keen to try them.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Kvob
I have yet to fix this, don't know what the heck is wrong, hoping though that Vic has a solution. I may have another way of getting around this but don't know yet. I cannot wait to post this either and thanks for the interest

choowee

Post by choowee »

Any progress? I sure hope you can sort it out!
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I´ve been trying to help Lion of Judah upload this. I´ve managed to shrink the file to something that is less than 10 Mb, and I have found out why he could not upload it in the first place (see the Support section of the forum), and he should be able to upload it when he gets the time...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

yes you have and your help is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping once this other minor issue I have come across is sorted out to have it uploaded today....
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

i tried yet again to upload this scenario into the database on the AT community website and this time it told me that my file was over 10 mb when in fact it was 9.7. so i will attempt another try at uploading this this weekend and if it does not work this time those who would like the scenario can email me and I will send it that way.
Powerslave

Post by Powerslave »

Great job. I love games/scenarios which is based on conflicts that usually don't appear in strategy games. So I'm really looking forward to try this one. :)
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

gonna give this one more try this weekend and see if i cannot get this #$%#$@## thing to upload. if it does not i will post on here my email address and anyone who would like this can shoot me an email.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”