AT guns in CoI problems

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
US Brake

AT guns in CoI problems

Post by US Brake »

I don't recall a problem with the AT guns in CoI until the 3.60b patch came out and the problem still exists even after the new Update.

The AT guns in CoI sometimes don't work at all. Other times they will be stuck "driving" but not move or become stuck while enemy tank moves freely in their LOS. This will occur in buildings, in the open, and in woods. I don't experience this problem while playing mods, just when playing the stock game.

Is there any plans to fix this? I sure do miss being able to play the stock game.
RD Oddball

RE: AT guns in CoI problems

Post by RD Oddball »

I've not noticed the issue and this is the first report we've received on this issue. Will look into it to try to replicate what you're seeing. Any other info you can provide will be helpful. If it's happening on specific guns or specific situations, etc beyond what you've already mentioned. The more specific the better. Thanks for posting.
US Brake

Post by US Brake »

I reported this bug to Tejszd in March and again when it was still occuring after the Update.

Place AT guns in the normal positions with good "greeen" COVER either German or Russian. You will see the bug when the game starts they are now in "black" COVER spinning back and forth continually until winded and then fatigued in the first 2 mins of the game. When you try to give them an order they do not respond, even if enemy units has LOS in open in front of them. This is the most obvious of the AT gun problems.

Other more subtle problems exist even if they don't have the above problem. They don't respond or work as AT and INF guns have normally in the past for CCIII or COI before the patches. They act as if they are a bugged vehicle that spins or does not respond to orders. For example a gun will turn and face the opposite direction of the enemy and stay there. You give the order to face the enemy on defend mode. The gun does not respond just faces the wrong direction.

The COI players have been able to avoid this problem by using Mods. Mods like DOF2, WF, etc do not have this problem.

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Oddball,

A bug was created based on USBrake's feedback pm he sent previously....
US Brake

Post by US Brake »

The conflict might be AT/INF/AA guns have become "Vehicles" and now they have problems with the terrain type they are deployed in?

We have 100 COI players at Gameranger unable to use AT guns for the last 4 months.
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Oddball,

A bug was created based on USBrake's feedback pm he sent previously....

Okay good to know it's in the system. Thank you for entering it. If you've not done it already Tejszd I'll add a link to this thread.

*EDIT* link added. Thanks for the extra info Brake. It'll get looked into at the next opportunity.
US Brake

Post by US Brake »

Did anyone figure out what change with the last patch caused the AT Gun issues? Is this something that will be fixed in the next patch? Will Cross of Iron get a patch in 2012?

Those of us playing this game regularly on gameranger would like to enjoy the stock game again. The only way to do that now for those who installed the new patch is to reinstall and play without a patch at all. Problem is, we play h2h games and some end up with patch some without. This type of thing keeps this game from working for the players as it was intended.

A problem like this, a problem that ruins your ability to play the game right, ...caused by a new patch ....seems like something Matrix should have fixed immediatly. Months have passed... nothing.
US Brake

Post by US Brake »

I have been testing the beta for RR 0822 Mod. The AT gun problem is obvious when I have played, I didn't notice it as much in some other mods. When it was ported I was hopeful that the old RR wouldn't have the AT bug like stock COI but it does.
US Brake

Post by US Brake »

You guys may doubt that a AT gun problem exists. I mean after all, Anzac Tack never mentioned it. [:D]
roland0424

Post by roland0424 »

Yes, I concur, as does my friend who I have played the game with online for many years.
The problem is as you have described, additionally the at guns tend to spin in place, or settle pointing the opposite direction. Since they keep doing this, they often can't get back to position on time. Sometimes they can't get back to position at all. It happens in both 2-player and single player. This is tough on game-play since those AT guns are generally the key of any defense. And, yes, this has become prevalent since the mega update, on the stock maps in the core game. In fact, trying to eliminate any other possibilities, when I had to replace my hard drive, I re-installed Cross of Iron fresh, without any downloads or mods - only the mega patch - it all still happens (and same with my friend after fresh install).
As a long standing player of the game (since the original CC3) I can tell you that it basically, flat out ruins the game.
Please advise and thank you for your help.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

We are aware of the issue and plan to address it in the next update for Cross of Iron.  As soon as I have more informaiton on when this will be available I'll let everyone know.

roland0424

RE: More major problems Close Combat CoIron

Post by roland0424 »

Another issue discovered after playing. The build points for campaigns for some reason are grossly different from computer to computer. For example on my pc my points are always 25% to 40% less than what my friend gets when playing the same side. For example, in the Achtung Panzer! campaign, as Germans I get 97, he gets 125. As Russian, I get 300, he gets 393. It's like this in every campaign. Really sucks. This game is really a train wreck.

Still waiting for the promised patch to patch the "mega update."

Any timeframe........yet??
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Some scenarios give one side or the other more points, but I am assuming you mean that if you switch sides that your opponent has more points than you did.

The number of points you receive is also influenced by the difficulty setting.  In a multi-player game this is the difficulty setting on the host player's computer.

I do not have a release date for the Cross of Iron update at this time, sorry.

WoT

Post by WoT »

As AT guns are rather an important element in this game is there any likelyhood of a fix coming?

Just noticed this has been over 18 months...

All these matrix CC games are broken some way and aren't getting fixed and yet a new release is made with even more bugs and problems.

This is seriously poor performance.
roland0424

Post by roland0424 »

Agreed.
Tired of waiting. Meanwhile because of poor performance with this and other games at Matrix, I will not purchase anything else here at least until these issues are fixed. Too too many bugs that are not attended to at all by matrix. They can put it off on the game developer all they want but it is matrix that continues to sell it. Something needs to be done just in terms of good and decent business practice.
GeneralCuster

Post by GeneralCuster »

Any chance this still will be fixed? It's super annoying...
roland0424

Post by roland0424 »

Clearly Matrix has no intention to do anything about this or any of the issues with the other games of the series. This action (or inaction) exhibits disingenuous, unprofessional and unethical behavior on the firm's part. I will not purchase anything from matrix until they take care of fixing what they sell.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

You would think they would fix it given that the issue seems to have started after the last patch....

Return to “Cross of Iron Support”