Panzer Command OstFront Dosnt work on my XP?

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
manhill

Panzer Command OstFront Dosnt work on my XP?

Post by manhill »

Hi I just bought Panzer Command OstFront, but I get an error when trying to start it:
"The Procedure Entry Point DecodePointer Could not be located in Dynamic link libruary KERNEL32.dll"
Im running winXP 2GBram ATI graphics. can someone help?
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (5.9 KiB) Viewed 121 times
rickier65

RE: Panzer Command OstFront Dosnt work on my XP?

Post by rickier65 »

manhill,

there is a dedicated Tech support forum for PCO here: tt.asp?forumid=966

There is also a sticky thread with Installation notes you might need to read.

I have not seen that error message before. Make sure that you have allowed PCO to install the .Net and DirectX files that it prompts for, and make sure that you Don't reboot during the installation of those (the Micorsoft prompts imply that you should reboot to complete, but you should not do that.).

Thanks
rick
manhill

Post by manhill »

I will check the forum now, but I dont get the chance to install .NET or DirectX it just dosnt run the Main install itself. I've got directx already, and I think I may already have .NET but not sure.

I probably have something wrong somewhere on my system. Maybe I could get .NET from somewhere prior to installing I will try that too.

Thankyou Mark
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: manhill

I will check the forum now, but I dont get the chance to install .NET or DirectX it just dosnt run the Main install itself. I've got directx already, and I think I may already have .NET but not sure.

I probably have something wrong somewhere on my system. Maybe I could get .NET from somewhere prior to installing I will try that too.

Thankyou Mark
Rick

It sounds like you might have a bad download then. You shouldn't need to find DirectX elsewhere. You might need to download again. Or maybe your AV SW got in the way?

Thanks
rick
manhill

Post by manhill »

My PC is an iMac Dual booted XP SP2, but .NET wont install & complains its not SP2. SP3 wont install forgot why. But I think its because its a iMac. I've got Panzer Ostfront working on win7, so not to bad but .NET looks like wont work on my XP.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

My PC is an iMac Dual booted XP SP2, but .NET wont install & complains its not SP2. SP3 wont install forgot why. But I think its because its a iMac. I've got Panzer Ostfront working on win7, so not to bad but .NET looks like wont work on my XP.

Ah, well, that might be a problem then. I have to admit, I have zero knowledge about iMacs.

Thanks, I hope you're able to enjoy it on the Win7 system at least.

Thanks
Rick
manhill

Post by manhill »

I dont like playing games on my w7 because its an all-in-one PC which leans back on a stand. the screen is only useable on a low coffee table. but I will now have to because Panzer command ostfront looks so good :)
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I dont like playing games on my w7 because its an all-in-one PC which leans back on a stand. the screen is only useable on a low coffee table. but I will now have to because Panzer command ostfront looks so good :)

I hope you enjoy it then!

Thanks
rick
manhill

Post by manhill »

RICK, YOUVE BEEN GREAT! THANKYOU
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Manhill,

If you can update your installation of Windows XP to SP3, everything should work fine. SP3 is required for the version of .NET that is used by Panzer Command Ostfront.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
manhill

Post by manhill »

Thanks Erik, but the iMac wont allow it, it throws out the update saying you need 4mb of free space or something, I will have to install a new MacOSX and re-install everything, but I dont want to as everything is activated on XP

but in the future if I have a chance I will update it.

thanks Mark
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Harriet61

Post by Harriet61 »

ImageThere is also a sticky thread with Installation notes you might need to read
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]