Resolution of game

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: 2xPelin

toddtreadway

Resolution of game

Post by toddtreadway »

For some reason, when I go to play the game, it shows up in a zoomed-in state such that I can't see the menu buttons on the top or side. I previously played it in 1920x1200 on my other computer, and it worked fine. I have tried changing the resolution from full-screen (which is what I played on before) to 1920x1200, and that did not work. If I change it to 1024x768, it does show up in a smaller window, but it is blurry, like the game is not in the native resolution of my computer (Windows 7).

What info would help resolve this?
2xTom

RE: Resolution of game

Post by 2xTom »

Hi todd,

I can't really tell what this could be about. The game appearing blurry in 1024x768 window is certainly a new one. Can you please clarify the following:

1. Is this a clean install (i.e. you didn't move you old hard drive into the new computer)?

2. Are you using the game menu only (not editing the config file by hand)?

Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer
toddtreadway

Post by toddtreadway »

Tom, I previously played it on my laptop (which used nvidia graphics). I played it both on the laptop's screen (1600x900) and an external display (1920x1200--also the same one I now use with my desktop computer), with no issues. Very sharp graphics on both screens.

Now that the laptop died, I did a new install on a new desktop. It is using Windows 7 with an ATI Radeon graphics card. So, it is a clean install (I'll try it again though). And I didn't edit the config file.

Another very strange thing to report is this: I installed it on my fiance's computer, and the exact same thing is happening. Windows 7, and again Radeon graphics, also, the same make/model of monitor. Maybe I willl try setting the monitor to 1600x1200 and see what happens.
2xTom

Post by 2xTom »

I must admit to being clueless at the moment. Can you please send me a screenshot of the 1024x768 window when it's blurry. Maybe that will give me some idea...

Please send the screenshot to: support at unityofcommand.net
Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer

Return to “Tech Support”