1.7.0.12 Anomalies

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

jlevans

1.7.0.12 Anomalies

Post by jlevans »

Hi Elliot,

I've been anxiously awaiting this update which allows for user optimized designs for the AI. I've played about an hour so far and want to pass on my observations on a couple of anomalies observed.

1. This game instance's name for the initial class of destoyers is Medusa (I, II, III, etc.). On auto update and retrofit, the updating algorithm had made a couple of small improvements, reaching the name Medusa III. No retrofiting had been initiated yet. Then I discovered a VERY advanced Destroyer. To my surprise, the design name given it was Medusa II. Looking up Medusa II, sure enough it was the advanced design, even though Medusa I and III were quite basic.

When I tried to make sure the Medusa II design would not be auto-retrofited, thus losing that wonderful destroyer instance, I was indeed able to set it to not auto-retrofit. However, when I also tried to set its auto-update to manual, it also changed the Medusa III auto-design to manual which I did not intend as I want the game to continue to auto-design. No harm no foul as it makes sense to me that setting auto-design for a sequence of destroyer designs of a particular class (name) sets all versions of that class. What doesn't make sense to me is making the advanced design that was discovered use a new instance of the same Destroyer class name as the old designs.

I expect the simplist solution here is to not use the same class names for discovered ships but I'll leave that up to you. [:)]

2. One other observation on a different subject. When telling my explorer to refuel, I saw for the first time the option to refuel at the construction ship that had just repaired the explorer. When I issued that command, it ignored it. Similarly, I then brought up the refuel dialog again and this time it gave a refuel option of going to the local research station. The constructor option was no longer there. When I chose the research station option it ignored that one too. Finally, selecting the refuel at closest refueling point option, it headed for home a long way away. I've never seen the option to refuel at either a research station or a construction ship before... Just thought I'd mention it.

All the best.
James L Evans

Return to “Tech Support”