Does Stockpiling Really Work?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

dbmsts

Does Stockpiling Really Work?

Post by dbmsts »

1. I'm playing a modded version of the full campaign. I've added 9900 oil production at Sabang (at the northern tip of Sumatra). It's been 6 turns and I had turned on the Oil storage to Yes. How ever the actual Oil stored over there still shows 1. It's the same case with many other bases accross the East Indies. Where is all the Oil going? Does 9900 Oil mean that it will produce 9900 units of oil per month or per year?

2. If Oil storage at base with a refinery is set to yes, will the entire Oil be stored or will some of it be used by the refinery?
Puhis

RE: Does Stockpiling Really Work?

Post by Puhis »

ORIGINAL: dbmsts

1. I'm playing a modded version of the full campaign. I've added 9900 oil production at Sabang (at the northern tip of Sumatra). It's been 6 turns and I had turned on the Oil storage to Yes. How ever the actual Oil stored over there still shows 1. It's the same case with many other bases accross the East Indies. Where is all the Oil going? Does 9900 Oil mean that it will produce 9900 units of oil per month or per year?

I think 9900 oil centers produce 99k oil points each day. Can't answer where the oil is going. Maybe the game engine can't handle that much of production. Daily production of 99k is ridiculous anyway, that's almost 10 times more than Palembang...
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Not sure why you modded it but most bases have a cap on the total amount of oil that can be stored. If you did not change that then it may just be capped at 10k. If you clicked stockpile "Yes" then no oil will leave that base. However if you have a refinery there and it is turned on it will use the oil at the base.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
dbmsts

Post by dbmsts »

If you did not change that then it may just be capped at 10k.

The oil stored isn't even 1k. How do I change the limit?
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

I don't think it's a cap at 10k, as Supply and Fuel can go much higher than that. Do you have refineries at Sabang? It's more likely that the refineries are consuming the Oil, since stockpiling does not stop that.
dbmsts

Post by dbmsts »

ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000

I don't think it's a cap at 10k, as Supply and Fuel can go much higher than that. Do you have refineries at Sabang? It's more likely that the refineries are consuming the Oil, since stockpiling does not stop that.

no, no refineries. The Oil stored there has been constantly at 1 for 3 consecutive turns. So now I'm remodding and bringing the number down to 990 instead of 9900.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: dbmsts
If you did not change that then it may just be capped at 10k.

The oil stored isn't even 1k. How do I change the limit?

You can't change the limit.

You can only store up to 100 days oil production at the oilfield.

Alfred
Dante Fierro

Post by Dante Fierro »

OK now I'm a bit confused guys - following this thread.

I referenced a current copy of the manual I have, section "9.1 Base Information Screen", but seem to see a mismatch between what I am looking right now on an actual game screen that has a green button under a "Stockpiling" column that says "no" (and flips to "yes" when clicked) - and what's in the manual that does not show stockpiling, nor does follow up text reference it. I am wondering if this column was added later? Or is referenced somewhere else in manual?

Also, above crsutton says if you click "Stockpiling" button "no oil will leave the base." But gradenko then says, "refineries are consuming the Oil, since stockpiling does not stop that."

I'm so confused!! [:D]

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Dante Fierro

OK now I'm a bit confused guys - following this thread.

I referenced a current copy of the manual I have, section "9.1 Base Information Screen", but seem to see a mismatch between what I am looking right now on an actual game screen that has a green button under a "Stockpiling" column that says "no" (and flips to "yes" when clicked) - and what's in the manual that does not show stockpiling, nor does follow up text reference it. I am wondering if this column was added later? Or is referenced somewhere else in manual?

Also, above crsutton says if you click "Stockpiling" button "no oil will leave the base." But gradenko then says, "refineries are consuming the Oil, since stockpiling does not stop that."

I'm so confused!! [:D]

Stockpiling was added after the manual was produced. In fact, many very wonderful changes and additions have been made during the patch process. First, go through the release notes. Second, use this forum.
DaveConn

Post by DaveConn »

I believe that stockpiling will keep oil from moving to other bases where it might be needed by refineries (if that game system even moves oil; I'm not sure on that); but it will not keep refineries in the "stockpile" hex from using the oil that is in the hex.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: DaveConn

I believe that stockpiling will keep oil from moving to other bases where it might be needed by refineries (if that game system even moves oil; I'm not sure on that); but it will not keep refineries in the "stockpile" hex from using the oil that is in the hex.

Won't turning off the refinery do that?
Hans

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”