Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Is Updated

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Erik Rutins

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Is Updated

Post by Erik Rutins »

A major update in preparation for a new expansion release

Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com), Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), and 2by3 Games (www.2by3games.com) are proud to release a comprehensive 1.06.04 update for their acclaimed WWII strategy mega game, Gary Grigsby’s War in the East. This massive free update includes hundreds of improvements to gameplay, including a more challenging AI, improved game balance, improved aircraft data, interface improvements, an improved scenario editor and a new editor manual and a new small scenario on the Demyansk Pocket.

This is all in preparation for the release later this week of the first War in the East expansion, Don to the Danube, which comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945). The development of Don to the Danube helped inspire the new features and improvements in the 1.06.04 update, which is available free to all owners of Gary Grigsby’s War in the East.

Erik Rutins, Director of Product Development at Matrix Games, said “War in the East has won award after award since its release slightly more than a year ago. In addition to two CSR Awards, it won praise from respected critics at Quarter to Three who stated War in the East was ‘Almost certainly the most important wargame to come out in the past ten years. The 2by3 Games team has gone above and beyond in delivering another major update with significant improvements free to the community and the new Don to the Danube expansion is on the way later this week!”

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is the spiritual heir to the great Eastern Front board and computer wargames of the past; a turn-based World War II strategy game down to the division and brigade level, stretching across the entire Eastern Front at a 10 mile per hex scale. Gamers can engage in massive, dramatic campaigns, including intense battles involving thousands of units with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results. As with all the award-winning titles made by the 2by3 Games team, factors such as supply, fatigue, experience, morale and the skill of your divisional, corps and army leaders all play an important part in determining the results at the front line. Gary Grigsby’s War in the East comes with 4 massive campaigns as well as many smaller scenarios all with different strategic and operational challenges.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East represents a truly epic representation of the Second World War on the Eastern Front and is unparalleled in its scale, detail, and ambition!

Get the update here. The update is comprehensive and will bring all versions of War in the East to 1.06.04. Get more information on Gary Grigsby’s War in the East from its official product page.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Omat

RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Is Updated

Post by Omat »

Hello

I have a question. There was a change and and no info in the "what`s New".pdf. Was this intended?

Aircraft ID 0024 is now using the pciture A0022.bmp
0025 ia now using the pciture A0024.bmp
0052 ia now using the pciture A0054.bmp
0053 ia now using the pciture A0054.bmp
0054 ia now using the pciture A0053.bmp
0068 ia now using the pciture A0069.bmp
0069 ia now using the pciture A0070.bmp
0070 ia now using the pciture A0068.bmp

Omat
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

Ouch! Those typos are ugly...[:D]
ORIGINAL: Omat

Hello

I have a question. There was a change and and no info in the "what`s New".pdf. Was this intended?

Aircraft ID 0024 is now using the pciture A0022.bmp
0025 ia now using the pciture A0024.bmp
0052 ia now using the pciture A0054.bmp
0053 ia now using the pciture A0054.bmp
0054 ia now using the pciture A0053.bmp
0068 ia now using the pciture A0069.bmp
0069 ia now using the pciture A0070.bmp
0070 ia now using the pciture A0068.bmp

Omat
Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

edit
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

ORIGINAL: Farfarer

What the frack is this GamersHell BS ?
Huh? What are you talking about?
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

There is a DL link to a GH mirror, that's all.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

is this any differant for the last beta?

Tigercub
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Yes, it has several important bug fixes that were not in 1.06.03:

V1.06.04 – February 24, 2012

• Bug Fixes

1. Fixed a bug where divided units that get destroyed are not able to recombine when rebuilt.
2. Fixed a bug where units may fail to arrive if their arrival hex is invalid.
3. Fixed a bug where destroyed units could get withdrawn earlier than scheduled.
4. Fixed an AI bug where the Soviet AI could move German units not attached to front line HQs.
5. Fixed an AI bug where the Axis AI could unfreeze frozen Soviet units.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
CTKnudsen

Post by CTKnudsen »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

5. Fixed an AI bug where the Axis AI could unfreeze frozen Soviet units.

So THAT explains it! In my current game vs the Axis AI, all of my Transcaucasus Front divisions suddenly unfroze sometime in early October. As the AI was in the midst of a pretty credible push for Moscow, I told myself that some new rule freeing them had come into play, and didn't try too hard to wonder why their HQs and air units were still frozen...

They did a great job of plugging a rather weak area between Kaluga and Tula.

Am I a cheater now? Maybe I should quietly ship some divisions down there to stop the Turkish hordes...
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

ORIGINAL: Omat

Hello

Yes, these changes were intended to fit the aircraft models. I was somewhat odd to have the He 111P recon use an image dropping bombs, the odd image of a He 111H-3 on skis, CGI image of the He 111H-4, a Bf 110G-2 fighter-bomber/heavy fighter with a night fighter radar or the Ju 86 images not really matching the version (diferent nose form or engines).
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
pompack

Post by pompack »

What the frack is this GamersHell BS ?

I would assume that people complained about the slow load times so they are paying a third party with a enormous amount of bandwidth to host the patches.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

In fact, we significantly upgraded our bandwidth and also decided to offer additional mirrors for each update. There is also always a link to download the update directly from us, which should be faster than ever, but there are also other options. Win-win.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

edit
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

I've d/l from GH alot. Never got that message.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Sounds like a misleading ad - that's why I use adblock+ and noscript to disable this stuff.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

I'll try those, thx.
ORIGINAL: Denniss

Sounds like a misleading ad - that's why I use adblock+ and noscript to disable this stuff.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Farfarer,
OK then why do I get the "Your PC is infected" BS from your 'safe' mirrors. You are WAY WAY offside with this and poisoning your Brand. I know - it my livelihood.

Our mirrors are safe from viruses as far as we know, but they are external sites and we don't control them.

You are welcome to simply download directly from our site if you don't trust the mirrors. No one is saying you need to download from them. I think part of the confusion may be that the formatting on the download page makes the link for the site above look like it's part of the description for the site below, so the GH link looks like it's our download link.

You can always just use the "Check for Updates" button on the game menu to do this automatically and from our update server.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

• Bug Fixes

1. Fixed a bug where divided units that get destroyed are not able to recombine when rebuilt.
not fixed for me but I can't prove it at the moment as it won't let me upload jpeg screenshot

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: sillyflower

• Bug Fixes

not fixed for me but I can't prove it at the moment as it won't let me upload jpeg screenshot

Please post it in Tech subforum!

BTW, why can't you post screenshots?

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

tx
I did
seems it was just on this thread it would not allow screenshots as it worked on tech
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”