MOUSE LAGS?

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

USS Wyoming

MOUSE LAGS?

Post by USS Wyoming »

I've seen some older posts regarding erratic mouse behavior. I've tried my original Logitech wired version, my Logitech wireless version and my brand new Microsoft wireless mouse. All of them result in lagging performance. The wired mouse may have had the least, but it is also slowest.

I am using the downloaded version of PCO, but I do have my boxed version that I have never opened, could that improve anything? When the mouse pointer lags, your always waiting for it to catchup and overshooting the spot.

I played the demo version and I do not recall issues with the mouse. I've read all the posts regarding this issue and in one instance a different mouse solved it, but I've tried three.

What next?[&:]
Thanks,
junk2drive

RE: MOUSE LAGS?

Post by junk2drive »

In my case over the last few years, every time I got a better computer, the less I had problems with the mouse. The tutorial battle is one of the least stressful for the machine. How is the mouse in that one?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
USS Wyoming

Post by USS Wyoming »

It's improved playing that scenario, so is the only solution replacing a 3 year old machine with 2 GB of RAM and an AMD Athlon II 170u Processor?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Play smaller battles on the original PCK maps. The 3D models take a lot of power. More units means more power. 2K maps are exponentially larger and require a lot more power. 3D trees and large buildings take a toll too.

Also open the configuration window and lower the settings. Trying different screen resolutions may help.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: USS Wyoming

It's improved playing that scenario, so is the only solution replacing a 3 year old machine with 2 GB of RAM and an AMD Athlon II 170u Processor?

A couple of other items to check is to make sure your mouse AND video drivers are up to date. Also, depeding on your video card, you may have a setting for something called vsync. If you do, try turning it off and see if that helps.

Thanks
rick
USS Wyoming

Post by USS Wyoming »

Thanks for the attention.

Return to “Tech Support”