First turn Axis air comat

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

HITMAN202

First turn Axis air comat

Post by HITMAN202 »

I was not unusual to get 3800-4000 kills in 1.05. In 1.06 its hard to get 2600. Is that what others seeing ???
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
csarebel

RE: First turn Axis air comat

Post by csarebel »

Same...i didnt even bomb my last GC start and killed over 1,000. Seems bombing is not worth it.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

+1
If listening to djt doesn't insult your intelligence then clearly you don't have any.
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

I got 2446 in turn 1 of the Pbem that JAMiAM and I have just started, and I am happy with that. AS that figure seems more realistic, and historical to me. Also remember that these kills are increasing your air unit morale, and the air-air kills are increasing your fighter group experience levels.
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: HITMAN202

I was not unusual to get 3800-4000 kills in 1.05. In 1.06 its hard to get 2600. Is that what others seeing ???

You can get more exp and kills using Katza's tactics during first turn and save allot of planes.

Dig around you find thread.

Pelton
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Ketza

Post by Ketza »

You should be waiting to bomb airfields until after your initial ground assaults to let as many Soviet planes fly ground support as possible. Your fighters will tear them up and gain experience. A typical result is around 500 Soviet airframes downed this way.

You can then advance a fighter only airbase forward and getting extra range to bomb those juicy bomber bases deep in the Soviet rear that you cannot typically target with the starting frontline.

I still think a goal of killing 3k Soviet planes is very doable. It is important to pick the proper targets however with the best Soviet planes on the ground.

HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

As Pelton directed I reread your post (had done it once when everything was new to me on WITE and it flew over my head) "Axis War Diary". Its good stuff. I think he best way you can assess how "good" the Axis first turn is, after making your pockets in each Army Group, count the number of routed units outside of the pockets. I think forming the east corridor in AGN, both the north and south corridors in AGC and.. the big and... a pocket around Brest (5-7 hexes) that will catch routs (some are unavoidable) from combat in the south AGC should first be done to corall the unpredictable routs. IMO. Again a Noobe. Your method is clean and neat (that is as much as you showed in AGN and some of AGS.) Thanks.
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.

Return to “The War Room”