Cannot download purchased games - Plimus service is miserable

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
MrLongleg

Cannot download purchased games - Plimus service is miserable

Post by MrLongleg »

I just bought BFTB and HTTR in the same transaction. I never got a conformation email with keys and download links. But the money was collected quickly by via PayPal (~$85)

I sent an email to Plimus, but obviously there is only a robot on the other end - why should one service customers on the weekend, when they have time to play games??

Using their support portal I could retrieve the text of the email I should have received, but it contained only a key for HTTR, the one for BFTB was missing. And the download link does not even work, it says download limit exceeded !

I really love Matrix and bought many games before, but up to now only via Digital River. Worked every time without any problem. Now with Plimus I will think twice before I ever buy again. Please, Matrix, fire those guys and get back to Digital River !!!

MrLongleg

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)
Toby42

RE: Cannot download purchased games - Plimus service is miserable

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: Haudrauf1962

I just bought BFTB and HTTR in the same transaction. I never got a conformation email with keys and download links. But the money was collected quickly by via PayPal (~$85)

I sent an email to Plimus, but obviously there is only a robot on the other end - why should one service customers on the weekend, when they have time to play games??

Using their support portal I could retrieve the text of the email I should have received, but it contained only a key for HTTR, the one for BFTB was missing. And the download link does not even work, it says download limit exceeded !

I really love Matrix and bought many games before, but up to now only via Digital River. Worked every time without any problem. Now with Plimus I will think twice before I ever buy again. Please, Matrix, fire those guys and get bak to Digital River !!!

I'm not a big fan of Plimus. I've bought stuff through them, but I duck when I do!! Never a problem with DR.
Tony
MrLongleg

Post by MrLongleg »

Update:

After more than 3 hours I finally got the download links and now they work - why does that take so long? But now this is solved. I used Paypal, maybe that explains the long waiting time??

Still, I think when buying digitally it should be possible to complete a transaction in minutes.
MrLongleg

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)
Josh

Post by Josh »

Steam usually works for me in seconds... maybe Paypal did some security checks??
gsmart04

Post by gsmart04 »

Gee...I have had nothing but great experience with Plimus in ordering several games back in December. I paid by credit card and everything was super fast and smooth. I have only good things to say about them so far.
SgtSchmuk

Post by SgtSchmuk »

I bought WITP-AE (came from Plimus) boxed/download combo. Manual was damaged in the back (many pages crinkled), and the edges of the entire back cover looked eroded (maybe water damage?). I went back and forth with Matrix before receiving another manual. I have bought several games, and this was my first real complaint. Matrix wanted pictures of the damage, but my feeling was they could check my track record to see that I'm not a 'complainer', and if my word wasn't good enough, then my pictures wouldn't be good enough either. So, I was prepared to mail the manual back to Matrix so they could see firsthand what I was talking about. Just before it reached that point, Matrix went ahead and ordered a re-send.

The second one arrived in completely different (and better) packaging. Not sure why the first wasn't shipped that way unless it was due to being ordered during the holiday sale and they were slammed. A lot of hassle that could have been avoided, IMHO.
leorej27

Post by leorej27 »

Hi All,

Leore from Plimus here.

Sorry to hear you've had issues with your orders.  From reading your posts, it sounds like the items have been resolved and that you can now enjoy your Matrix games.  If there are any open items, please email me directly at leorej@plimus.com, so I can help resolve them asap.

SgtSchmuk, the reason for the images, isn't to doubt your complaint, but more that we can see what happened and prevent it from happening in the future.

Hope you all have better experiences in the future.  Feel free to contact me directly at: leorej@plimus.com

Regards,
Leore
twrastall

Post by twrastall »

Had same problem. The only safe thing is to buy the cd and skip the download. I agree their customer support is bad.
wgs_explorer

Post by wgs_explorer »

I just purchased Command Ops: Highway to the Reich and I cannot download the game, nor can I register the serial number! The Matrixgames page for registering serial numbers states the number is already used and the download page is "unavailable".

PLIMUS IS CRAP!!

I am very sorry to see Matrixgames teaming up with such a worthless e-commerce company. I will have second thoughts in the future about purchasing any Matrixgame as long as they are teamed with Plimus. Most likely I will not.

William

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”