How Long Have We Waited

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

tide1530

How Long Have We Waited

Post by tide1530 »

I only discovered the COH series last winter and fell in love with them right off. Kind of like when I bought AH Squad Leader back in 1980 and now to have a faithfull version of the COH series for the computer? Something I've been wishing for since the prehistoric days of computers [&o]
I just can't say more without wiping away a tear
wodin

RE: How Long Have We Waited

Post by wodin »

^What he said x10..since the premature demise of Combat Leader (I tried to view the old threads but there restricted, I wanted to see the screenies and daydream) I've been waiting for a new tactical game like this.
Veldor

Post by Veldor »

I figured I'd probably die before any game such as this ever got made....

Then I read the news of its immenent release and nearly had a heart attack...
JFalk68

Post by JFalk68 »

This is on my buy list, the 2d board game hex and chits looks great. The 3d stuff I can live without. Can't wait!

I have enjoyed the HPS Squads Battles games like Red Victory so this is right up my alley. I liked the gameplay of Red Victory and got used to the UI and dated graphics but the graphics where always a sore spot with me but if you ever mention graphics the real grognards start to nail you to a cross for breaking one of the Grognard Commandments 1) Thou shall not covet graphics in any wargame.
wodin

Post by wodin »

3D board with the boardgame counters for me!
JFalk I made a mega mod recently for RV...
Flickjax

Post by Flickjax »

I agree, this game has been crying out to be made for years.
ioticus

Post by ioticus »

I'm excited, but for me the game will only be as good as the AI.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”