su-122 & patch 1.05b

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

4key

su-122 & patch 1.05b

Post by 4key »

My game froze after getting the SU-122 captured unit for the first time right before Stalingrad, DLC42. I've done some reading and found that the only way to avoid starting the scenario over even after fixing the 'non purchase' stat is to download patch 1.05b. I did, but I can't access it. "HTMLayout.dll is missing from my computer". I even deleted the unit from my equipment file. Is there any way to get the patch to work so I don't have to restart?
4key

RE: su-122 & patch 1.05b

Post by 4key »

I went back into the editor and found there was "INVALID UNIT" where the SU-122 used to be. I removed that and the unit doesn't show up and the game doesn't crash. However, I'm concerned that if there's anymore SU-122s it will happen again, and I don't want to go through the maps I haven't played and spoil them.
4key

Post by 4key »

I also tried, numerous times, to register in the Slitherine forum and it will not regcognize my user name or password.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: 4key

My game froze after getting the SU-122 captured unit for the first time right before Stalingrad, DLC42. I've done some reading and found that the only way to avoid starting the scenario over even after fixing the 'non purchase' stat is to download patch 1.05b. I did, but I can't access it. "HTMLayout.dll is missing from my computer". I even deleted the unit from my equipment file. Is there any way to get the patch to work so I don't have to restart?
With that error message it can only mean one thing: you're running the file instead of copying it and replacing the original exe with it.
In case you are using SS mod, please load a save from a previous scenario and above all install the last mod version.
4key

Post by 4key »

Thanks, VP - I see they are the same file size with the same icon. I wish I'd known this before deleting the unit. Also, not touching it seems to keep the game from crashing.

I'm not using the GME, I just changed the file contents, while taking great care to keep the original structure. Basically, I took your mod and changed the game. I saved a copy of the original, pre patch 1.05 but I don't use it.

The only reason I'd want to use this Russian unit over German self-propelled artillery is for increased range, like what they used to possess before the patch. I'd think this SU-122 would have had its range decreased as well. Nothing against Russian equipment: I changed the settings so I could buy KV-1s when they became available, and got through DLC 39 and 40 with the Char B.
4key

Post by 4key »

I created a backup, so I'll use the file from before I deleted the unit. My next question is which mode is supposed to be non-purchase, AT or artillery? I ask because the unit shows up already in AT mode.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I created a backup, so I'll use the file from before I deleted the unit. My next question is which mode is supposed to be non-purchase, AT or artillery? I ask because the unit shows up already in AT mode.
SS mod it's not my mod. It's from airbornemongo101.
I think that it doesn't matter which version you edit as long you remove the nopurchase trait from one of them.
Take a look at these threads:
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31751
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 46&t=31842

Last version of SS mod has an update for this issue:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31407
4key

Post by 4key »

Acknowledged. I guess I mixed it up because I remembered you were the one that put the thread here. However, now that I think about it, you told me before that the author of the SS mod couldn't log in here. Speaking of which, the slitherine forum says my email is already registered, yet it doesn't recognize the username I registered with it (same I registered here). Thanks for your replies and your links to helpful threads, then and now, I've learned alot.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Acknowledged. I guess I mixed it up because I remembered you were the one that put the thread here. However, now that I think about it, you told me before that the author of the SS mod couldn't log in here. Speaking of which, the slitherine forum says my email is already registered, yet it doesn't recognize the username I registered with it (same I registered here). Thanks for your replies and your links to helpful threads, then and now, I've learned alot.
Send me by PM your email and your username, and I'll try to solve your issue at Slitherine forum.

EDIT: I've noticed that you're already registered (15 February 2012) at Slitherine forum, only you've a slight different username: 4kEY
It's with uppercases and lowercases. While you here, have only lowercases: 4key
4key

Post by 4key »

Yes, I realized caps made a difference. It still wouldn't recognize it. I didn't think it relevant in my last message.

I can't register another name either because it says my email is already registered.
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

Are CAPS in the password also relevant and vital?
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

In Slitherine forum, I'm sure they are. When they are generated by the site they have upper and lower cases.

Return to “Tech Support”