A new WWI naval game is out.

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Titanwarrior89

RE: A new WWI naval game is out.

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Well I bought it....ill see how it works tommorrow.  Geeez, between pbem(Witpae) and table top ancients I am running out of time.[&:][:)]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Well I bought it....ill see how it works tommorrow.  Geeez, between pbem(Witpae) and table top ancients I am running out of time.[&:][:)]

lol...willpower schmillpower. Good luck and keep us informed. I think the developer is talking about adding an even slower speed to the game which sounds good. I love options.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Hentzau

Post by Hentzau »

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

One more question for those who know. Is the map zoom tied in with the scroll wheel? I have a hard time with games that don't include this feature tbo. I hope that it is.

mo reb

No, not possible in the engine supposedly IIRC But they have added hot keys for zoom.

You might look at the War Plan Pacific demo over at Shrapnel Games, sounds closer to what you were looking for in your Pacific game.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Really like the torpedo effects.....still learning this thing.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

mo reb, thanks.. we try to not be the UGLY Americans, us Yankees... It works both ways.. I find some elements of friendly society hypocritical, I would rather have an honest scowl that a smile and a stab in the back... again, not all southerners are two faced.. etc etc..
now what was this thread about? lol
I keep wanting a naval sim in line with micro prose 90 ish Task Force 42, lots of goodies, torpedoes, searchligths  flares...
great fun

"Tanks forward"
Hentzau

Post by Hentzau »

ORIGINAL: freeboy

I keep wanting a naval sim in line with micro prose 90 ish Task Force 42, lots of goodies, torpedoes, searchligths  flares...
great fun
The co-designer/lead programmer wants to make a remake of TF1942, he needs 3D artists

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/t ... ost3279939
Nice to hear people are still playing TF1942. I was co-designer and lead programmer on the project. I've been working at home on a new game that combines 1942: the Pacific Air War and Taskforce: 1942. I wrote both games and have wanted to re-do them both. The engine is mostly written at this point, but the problem is art. I have talked a couple of artists into helping me out, but they lack my enthusiasm to work in my spare time. So although I still work on it, the project will never really go anywhere until I get more art support. Sims aren't seen as big money makers, so I won't get any monetary support unless I've got something pretty much done....

Ed Fletcher
Formerly of MicroProse Software
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

If I was the artist we would be back to stick figures, and ships would be recatagles of various sizes.. tf 42 was right up there with some fun atlantic sea warfare from ww2.. great naval battles.. seems with the 386 486 dual core quad core etc advances.. where processing now at speds only dreamed of in the 90's.. there should be some good sims out there... I wonder why all these titles and aces of the deap and red baron all seem to be replaced, by consoles that really are trash.. pretty trash but still..
I guess it pays though.. 500 milion iin slaes the FIRST day for the most recent  consel blockbuster! wow
"Tanks forward"
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

ORIGINAL: Hentzau

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

One more question for those who know. Is the map zoom tied in with the scroll wheel? I have a hard time with games that don't include this feature tbo. I hope that it is.

mo reb

No, not possible in the engine supposedly IIRC But they have added hot keys for zoom.

It is possible to add the scroll wheel zoom. I use the same map/globe component in a number of applications (hmm, this applies to SAI and I don't know if that is the game this query was about). The scroll wheel zoom is a royal pain to add but it is possible by listening for Windows Messages http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx .
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: Hentzau

You might look at the War Plan Pacific demo over at Shrapnel Games, sounds closer to what you were looking for in your Pacific game.

Thanks for the info. Too bad on the zoom but at least it has a hotkey for it.

I'll check out War Plan Pacific. Thanks again.

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I am an HPS addict, but even their Midway game with carriers, I found disappointing. Takes forever to get things moving and feedback is poor. Steam & Iron is truly a gem. And a ship editor, which Midway has not. War Plan Pacific is okay and moddable to an extent. But its dev and any future support for the game has been non-existent.

Return to “General Discussion”