Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Omat

RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR)

Post by Omat »

Hello

As far as I know for Stavka or O.K.H you should take Leaders withe the highes admin rating. So for soviet side there only two leaders which are silhouetted against the other leaders:

Boris Shaposhnikov with admin 8
Aleksandr Vasilevsky with admin 9 (but he has not the rank at begin of the war).

I would give Shaposhnikov command over Stavka and the 3rd Baltic front a commander with a admin rating of 7 (if you have one which does not command a Front (e.g. Ivan Bagramyan which commands in your game only the coastal army)).

Omat

P.S. On the other hand the game is so far I am not sure if this changes would have a great impact.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

I would put Zhukov at STAVKA, and repalce him with Bagramyan at 2nd Ukr Front.

What is Bagramyan doing commanding an Army only? He should be a front commander.
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

For playing the campaign all the way through and learning on the fly,bravo sir! Though the gallery is correct about choice of leaders,write it down in your notes for the next game. not to join the ranks of the "I told you so",however i bet a few of those mobile corps you disbanded would come in handy about 4-7 turns ago replacing units at the front for R&R....[;)]

Keep the drive alive! Think you can blow open a hole in the south and unhinge his line.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: Omat

Hello

As far as I know for Stavka or O.K.H you should take Leaders withe the highes admin rating. So for soviet side there only two leaders which are silhouetted against the other leaders:

Boris Shaposhnikov with admin 8
Aleksandr Vasilevsky with admin 9 (but he has not the rank at begin of the war).

I would give Shaposhnikov command over Stavka and the 3rd Baltic front a commander with a admin rating of 7 (if you have one which does not command a Front (e.g. Ivan Bagramyan which commands in your game only the coastal army)).

Omat

P.S. On the other hand the game is so far I am not sure if this changes would have a great impact.

Yup you are right, did some mistakes with my general appointments, and I also agree, it does not matter anymore.

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

I would put Zhukov at STAVKA, and repalce him with Bagramyan at 2nd Ukr Front.

What is Bagramyan doing commanding an Army only? He should be a front commander.

Where I went wrong when deciding which general to put where, was that I started at the bottom and worked my way up, should have gone the other way I realize now. Does not matter now I would say, but will keep this in mind for the next game as the USSR.

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

For playing the campaign all the way through and learning on the fly,bravo sir! Though the gallery is correct about choice of leaders,write it down in your notes for the next game. not to join the ranks of the "I told you so",however i bet a few of those mobile corps you disbanded would come in handy about 4-7 turns ago replacing units at the front for R&R....[;)]

Keep the drive alive! Think you can blow open a hole in the south and unhinge his line.

Well, some of my guys could indeed use some rest, but then again, at the time it allowed my depleted forces to gain some 200.000 extra troops, so not sure which would be better, but at the time I was also (wrongly as seen now) concerned about my vehicle pool, as it dropped rapidly.
Well, atleast I can claim that the title of the AAR was well chosen [:D]

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 215

Overall
The Axis fall back all along the front NORTH of the Pripjet, this severly reduce the ammounts of attacks we can make. They also fall back some in the south, this does NOT reduce ammount of attacks [:D].
We manage a total of 77 attacks for a score of 14 held, 51 retreat and 12 rout. Losses are light though;
Axis : 65.000 troops and 197 AFVs.
USSR : 79.000 troops and 281 AFVs.

Units
9 TACs are sent to the reserves this turn.
Due to the low ammount of attacks, our forces report a net growth of 35.000 troops.

Pools
144.000 workers arrive at the manpower pool, ending it at 2.236.
Vehicle pool : 271.252.
Armaments pool : 972.008.

Liberation
Kiev is once more in our hands!

Units destroyed
The German 4/46th SP Flak Company and the 1st Rumanian Armored Division exists no more.

Axis VP

Partisans
5 units retreat this turn, leaving 9 units on the map. Our guys manage 4 sabotague missions, or a ratio of roughly 44%.

Attachments
228.jpg
228.jpg (674.28 KiB) Viewed 34 times

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 216

Overall
The Axis once more fall back a little and try to remake a line in the south, and we follow up by smashing into it. The Axis manage to kill off one of our Rumanian Invasion Force Divisions, while we make a total of 81 attacks, scoring 11 held, 60 retreat, 8 rout and 2 surrender. Losses are in the middle range;
Axis : 94.000 troops and 328 AFVs
USSR : 107.000 troops and 387 AFVS.

Units
8 TACs are sent to the reserves this turn. Our ground forces report a growth of 25.000 troops.

Pools
125.000 workers arrive at the manpower pool, ending it at 2.326.
Vehicle pool : 275.996.
Armaments pool : 985.454.

Liberation
Our forces retake Vitebsk.

Units destroyed
The 369th Croatian Infantry Division, the 215th Infantry Division, the 1/562nd Volksgrenadier Division, the 2/562nd Volksgrenadier Division, the 3/562nd Volksgrenadier Division and the 2/454th Infantry Division all surrender this turn.

Axis VP

Partisans
We are left with 8 units on the map after 3 units are chased away by the Axis. Our guys only manage a success rate of 25% for a total of 2 sabotague actions.

Attachments
229.jpg
229.jpg (606.41 KiB) Viewed 34 times

AFV

Post by AFV »

9 more turns and you need to take away 39 victory points to get a draw. Don't think that will happen but regardless, good job and a very good AAR. I am glad I invested the time to follow it!
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: AFV

9 more turns and you need to take away 39 victory points to get a draw. Don't think that will happen but regardless, good job and a very good AAR. I am glad I invested the time to follow it!

I do not think it will happen either, but we will do our best [:)]
Thank you for following [&o]

Terje

randallw

Post by randallw »

Don't assault Odessa until you have a massive force, not just a large one.
juret

Post by juret »

press like crazy to take

kichinev
vinnetsa
zhitomir
magliev
minsk

looks like southern front is crashing. mayby u can flip romania to

randallw

Post by randallw »

Yes, you can become the proud owner of run down Romanian infantry divisions with morale levels around 30! [:D] The nail in the coffin for the Germans.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: randallw

Don't assault Odessa until you have a massive force, not just a large one.

Yup, that 45 CV stack will join in, as will those two arty stacks.

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: juret

press like crazy to take

kichinev
vinnetsa
zhitomir
magliev
minsk

looks like southern front is crashing. mayby u can flip romania to

Will see how many I can manage, sadly it seems Leningrad will remain on Axis hands :(

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: randallw

Yes, you can become the proud owner of run down Romanian infantry divisions with morale levels around 30! [:D] The nail in the coffin for the Germans.

Hehe, well it COULD be I suppose as they should lose some VPs from a flipped Rumania as well

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 217

Overall
The Axis once more manage to rally their divisions, and we rout alot of them once more. The Axis kill of the last unit in Rumania, but I am sure those divisions he had to spend doing so would have been better used at the front. We once more go above 100 attacks, but score too many held results. All in all we make 120 attacks this turn, scoring 1 scouted, 28 held, 80 retreat, 7 rout, 1 shatter and 3 surrender. Losses are high;
Axis : 137.000 troops and 483 AFVs.
USSR : 124.000 troops and 591 AFVs.

Units
2 FBs and 6 TACs are sent to the reserves. Our forces on the ground still report a net growth of 4.000 troops despite heavy losses.

Pools
119.000 workers arrive at the manpower pool, ending it at 7.918.
Vehicle pool : 283.369.
Armaments pool : 981.010.

Liberation
Odessa fell to our attacks.

Units destroyed
The 715th Infantry Division, the Deneke Infantry Division, the 68th Volksgrenadier Division, the 183rd Infantry Division, the 293rd Volksgrenadier Division, the 101st Panzer Brigade, the 2/7th Luftwaffe Field Division, the 2/12th Luftwaffe Field Division, the 9th Rumanian Infantry Division, the 14th Rumanian Infantry Division, the 18th Rumanian Infantry Division, the 1st Guards Rumanian Infantry Division, the 9th Rumanian Cavalry Division and the 102nd Hungarian Reserve Division are all destroyed.

Axis VP

Partisans
We are left with 7 active units after the Axis chase 6 units away. Our guys manage 4 sabotague missions this turn.

Attachments
230.jpg
230.jpg (593 KiB) Viewed 34 times

KeyserSoze

Post by KeyserSoze »

Great AAR.

Terje I think you handle the constructive criticism, which isn't always framed constructively, very well!
AFV

Post by AFV »

Thats one more victory point, 38 to go :)
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

It ain't over till its over! [;)] keep at him,the south looks close to unhinged.

Return to “After Action Reports”