Larger Font Size?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

section319

Larger Font Size?

Post by section319 »

Just bought AE ,installed it on a new windows 7 machine. I used the command line switches to change the screen resolution to 1920 x 1080(wide screen monitor) and the font to the "larger" size. I'm 44 years old and maybe I need glasses but whewww the font and icon size in the various dialog boxes is teenie. Is there something I can do? Should I change the resolution to something else. This game looks just like what I want but WOW the eye strain could be a killer. A trip to Canada for some cheap Lasix surgery is out of the question.
Sardaukar

RE: Larger Font Size?

Post by Sardaukar »

I am same age and you could use -altFont switch in shortcut.

You find instructions how to do that in"WhatsNew.pdf" in your game folder. Just don't just copy/paste from PDF, you need to type hyphen yourself, since PDF-hyphen is not really a hyphen and switch would not work.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

section319

Post by section319 »

This is what I currently have in the target box of the shortcut on my desktop..
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -f -px1920 -py1080

Is that correct? The font does look different, it just doesn't look any bigger than the default font. Thanks for the response. I hear carrot juice might work.
eloso

Post by eloso »

It doesn't get bigger. The only solution is to buy a bigger screen without increasing the resolution any higher. Its hard to read with glasses and I'm 45.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Indeed, it does not get bigger, but altFont is bit clearer and easier for eyes.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

section319

Post by section319 »

Thanks Oso,Sardaukar
Always wanted a duel screen set-up. Now I have an excuse (wait til the wife hears this one)Can you recommend a good monitor? Thanks again if you can't recommend one I'll understand.
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

I use a 1920x1080 24 inch monitor simular to this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=4420

Works well, my next step is two of these with a dual graphics card so I can have tracker/combat reporter/excel up on one and the game up on another.

Return to “Tech Support”